Prototype Homebuilt "transportable " 20" wheel tadpole trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hmmm... :scratch: maybe people over here are brighter, nobody here is confused by a toestrap :highfive:

That could start a thread on its owns :boxing: , A toestrap around the handlebar grip pulling the brake on with the "buckle" underneath does tend to confuse the non cyclists and does act as a 100% effective parking brake .

Coming of the subject quickly and quietly .

The rain:rain::rain: over the last few days has curtailed any more riding :stop: and testing :cursing: and I am waiting on some machined plastics and the delivery of the e-hubs ,:ohmy: I hope the weekend will be better to get out on the trikes :hyper::sun:

Nothing to report this week other than the comsumption of many cups of tea :cheers:.

Once the hubs arrive I can build the wheels and assemble for a few last hours of testing before its strip and paint time xx(:highfive:

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

During the last few weeks the transportable has seen some more fair weather testing ( due to the lack of paint and the fair chance of getting an orange coat if it gets damp ) . the trike is ready for its strip down and paint or its e-upgrade , at present I have decided not to go along the "e-" route and concentrate on the other projects . Work ( strip and paint ) has been suspended on the trike until the weather improves as the workshop is not really warm enough to spray until February , by then I hope to have finished some of the other pressing projects like the trike rack .

regards all and have a Happy Christmas

emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Still too cold / wet to do much more but the decals are cut ready for the warmer weather , IF I can finish the trike rack then I will have some space to spray it
cutvinyl.jpg

The other decals are for another project that was done "in the warm"

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
possibly a bit late now but i would suggest you have a look at wheel chair technology.

Hi Paul

and welcome to the forum

Never too late ,

Wheel chair technology is a very good starting point - They use QR sturmey archer hub brakes and other "push the button " qr hubs
I have a couple ( off a quickie sports chair ) sitting looking at me in the workshop BUT New the items are expensive and scrap ones dont come along too often .
I am looking to convert the standard ones I have to disc brakes by machining up some converters , that will be a next winter job as there is so much to do this year as the longer days are on their way .
DannyC (UK) and Darnthedog (USA ) on the AtomicZombie forum are both going to use hub brakes on their new trikes and Danny already has the qr hubs but at £280 a pair they are not cheap whilst DTD has the hubs in a non QR format and hopes to convert them when he comes to the UK .

The transportable has given many of the clever builders some inspiration and there has been some interest in producing " home built " trikes using folding technology over the past six months with a few Krew Members going that way .

regards emma

paul fellows

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Here in the UK the Red Cross loans out wheel chairs. They have a small number of chairs that can no longer be loaned. For a donation they may become a source of serviceable parts.

About 8 years ago at Stockton festival I saw a wheel chair / trike conversion. Front forks and steering had been added to pull the wheel chair along by a small petrol motor.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Whist these parts are as rare as rocking horse droppings I have a contact in the wheel chair refurbishment service industry .
Sturmey Archer Drum brakes are so seldom scrapped off as they keep the wheels for the refurbs

will esquire later thanks

regards emma

paul fellows

uk wheel chairs have lever onto tyre brake

FJD329OGY4RA9MR.LARGE.jpg

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

About 8 years ago at Stockton festival I saw a wheel chair / trike conversion. Front forks and steering had been added to pull the wheel chair along by a small petrol motor.

We have a young lady who takes part in Norwich AlleyCat in a wheelchair that has an electric assist motor built into the front half of a bike.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks
its been a while since I touched the transportable ,
Yesterday I lifted it down off the workbench and blew up the tyres and rode it around the block a couple of times before stripping it down to paint it .

Currently all in piece and getting some paint on it but this is what it looks like in pieces
transpstrip.jpg

regards emma

paul fellows

Emma :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: i wish i had 1 10th of your build skills.

on a different topic, have you or any of your friends made a flying model of a SDR microlight:evil:.
the :evil: is for the SDR microlight. you are:angel:

Top Bottom