Proud To Be A Yorkshireman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
This has probably been done to death on other threads around this forum, but frankly I'm not bothered. I just wanted to say a big well done to the people of Yorkshire who organised a fantastic weekend. Also to all the fans from Yorkshire and everywhere else in the UK and around the world who landed and had a great time. You're all stars.

I am aware of plenty of members on this site who were also buzzing around this weekend so well done to you lot too.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
This has probably been done to death on other threads around this forum, but frankly I'm not bothered. I just wanted to say a big well done to the people of Yorkshire who organised a fantastic weekend. Also to all the fans from Yorkshire and everywhere else in the UK and around the world who landed and had a great time. You're all stars.

I am aware of plenty of members on this site who were also buzzing around this weekend so well done to you lot too.
Hi Doc, admirable sentiments with which I totally concur :thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I live here, but even I was more than impressed with how stunning the scenery looked. The camera work and sunny weather have combined to showcase the place brilliantly. I even got misty eyed when they showed Masham CofE school's sheep!

Having said that, I love the place when the tops are all wreathed in cloud and drizzle, and the bleakness of the surrounding moorland in winter.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yes very very well done Yorkshire. I've had an absolutely brilliant weekend.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Some chap writing on newspaper comments section was saying how the roads are closed and that he can't get about and what is the point. Miserable sod, but I reckon that the boost to Yorkshire's tourism business will be incalculable and will probably have a knock on effect for a couple of years.

Yorkshire has done the entire country proud! What an incredible spectacle.

byegad

Legendary Member
Though I left the county some 45 years ago to live in County Durham I too am proud to be a Yorkshireman. The Tour was done brilliantly showing parts of God's Own County to perfection.

OP
OP
Doc333

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
Just before the start on Sunday, Gill Douglas went behind the scenes of the broadcast van to interview Phil Ligget, poor old Phil filled up and said he had never been prouder yesterday and after 42 consecutive 'Tours' for him, he had never seen anything like it and didn't apologise for breaking down on air.

Top Bottom