Proud To Be A Yorkshireman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cormaggio

An unforgettable experience roadside, and it was an amazing two days in Yorkshire. :-)

Off-topic: but does anyone know if it's possible to buy those 2D plastic yellow bikes that were hanging outside many houses, pubs etc along the route? I've checked all merchandise outlets, and Ebay/Etsy, but to no avail. If you know of a place that's selling them, or if you have one (or two) spare to sell me, I'd be very grateful!

Yorkshire! Yorkshire!

I'm back with a bang down to earth but still reminiscing on one the best experiences ever, and now have the onset of post experience blues.

I saw more of the Cambridges than the finish riders in Harrogate Day 1, Jenkin Road Day 2 however, was all I hoped for and more.

I met many amazing like minded folk from all over the World.

I'm just so proud to say, "I was there", as I do think le Tour de Yorkshire will be spoken about for years to come.

Lets hope Edinburgh wins their bid in the future.

Albert

Über Member
How can anyone be proud of an accident of birth?
Surely you can only be proud of something you worked for and deserved. This is why Nationalism is bollox.

Surely you can only be proud of something you worked for and deserved. This is why Nationalism is bollox.
Well .... I'm a Scot but have lived in Yorkshire for well nigh thirty years. And I had NO idea just how much Yorkshire had got under my skin until Saturday and Sunday - I was right chest-burstingly proud! Proud to be a Yorkshireman - yup. :tongue:

bpsmith

Veteran

How can anyone be proud to be Ginger? Or proud of their Child? Or proud of how they naturally react calmly when somebody is being aggressive to them? Etc.

None of the above are necessarily worked for by the proud individual!

Nothing wrong with being proud of Yorkshire's amazing display to the world. I wasn't there, or from Yorkshire myself, but your comment is "bollox" IMHO.

Come to think of it, Yorkshire actually worked very hard indeed in getting the Tour, making it run so well and organising everything to the nth degree!

Top Bottom