psoriasis no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yyeeaahh :hyper: FINALLY, i am finally clear of the dreaded psoriasis , the methotrexate didnt work for me so i was started on cyclosporin(another immune suppressant) and after only 7 weeks i am totally clear of it . i cant explain the feeling of after 30 years of creams, lotions ,tablets , uv light treatment, i am finally clear .
anyone suffering with psoriasis will understand what i mean .
IM off to buy my FIRST pair of bib shorts, no more sweating my bits off this summer for me ^_^

Last edited:
:wahhey:happy days RR. I've never suffered myself but used to work with a lass who did and I know how miserable she got with it, (face, hands, arms that I know of).

As for bib shorts, grab a pair of THESE while you can, I don't know your size but IIRC from meeting you you'll definitely be able to take advantage of the ones on offer :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a skin condition where the skin can try and renew too quick. Had it temporarily myself when under loads of stress (operations and medication etc). It's an auto immune thing and it's not nice. But to get rid of a long term issue is fantastic news.

Basically the skin can get very red and sore, then will shed a few layers before the process repeats. It can happen in small patches, or large areas.

young Ed

Veteran
It's a skin condition where the skin can try and renew too quick. Had it temporarily myself when under loads of stress (operations and medication etc). It's an auto immune thing and it's not nice. But to get rid of a long term issue is fantastic news.

Basically the skin can get very red and sore, then will shed a few layers before the process repeats. It can happen in small patches, or large areas.
that does sound nasty! :sad:
do you have it from birth or can it randomly occur? anything to help protect against it? a strong immune system any help?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Nice one, just showed my wife, who's had it for years, legs,arms, head, she is going to the doctors to ask about this.
Made up you are clear.

Mir& mrs T.

as far as i know it cant be prescribed by your gp , i got it from my dermatologist but only after years of trying other stuff , bloody expensive he tells me, while on it you need to have regular blood test for kidney and liver function , it also depends what other medication (if any )is being taken regularly, prescription or over the counter, and STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL whilst taking cyclosporin, it makes me quite nauseaous for an hour after taking it morning and night, but by god its worth it^_^

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
do you have it from birth or can it randomly occur? anything to help protect against it? a strong immune system any help?
Cheers Ed
it can occur at any time regardless of age etc , i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, although its not contagious some (perhaps ignorant people )treat you like some kind of leper , along with the physical aspect of psoriasis , it also has a massive mental impact on sufferers.

Cold

Cheers Ed

I was in my late 20's when I got it my Mum was in her 40's and my youngest Sister has had it really bad since she was very young but it's nearly cleared up due to heavy duty steroid cream.
I have no idea why it appeared but it can be annoying and painful sometimes.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I was in my late 20's when I got it my Mum was in her 40's and my youngest Sister has had it really bad since she was very young but it's nearly cleared up due to heavy duty steroid cream.
I have no idea why it appeared but it can be annoying and painful sometimes.

there could be a million explanations , i do know stess is a major factor in sudden flare ups, good luck with your treatment

Top Bottom