Public bike repair facilities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You haven't seen the ones in Sheffield then?

bruce1530

Guru
At my local station (Kilwinning)

ance_point%2C_Kilwinning_Station%2C_North_Ayrshire.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ooo, no I haven't. Where are they?
I've never used them but off the top of my head, I've seen them at Glossop Rd, Leavygreave Rd and the entrance to Endcliffe park, although there may be more. They've been there a while now and I would be absolutely astonished if any of them were still in useable condition.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We’ve got them at just about every station on my line (Ayrshire-Glasgow) and my employer (in Glasgow) also has them in the bike storage units.

I do get a bit saddened when I see the ones at the stations vandalised (usually the pumps suffer), but they do seem to get repaired.
Ohh, I didn't know that, I don't really go to train stations.
Good to know, I'll inquire if there are repair stations along the routes my group rides a lot.
Cheers for the info.

OP
OP
IaninSheffield

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Didn't realise these were a 'thing' here in the UK. Never seen one!
Given what folks have said, wonder if there might be a case for gathering locations into a public facing map, say a Google Map for example.

A quick search uncovered a company that produces the hardware showing where their stands are in London.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Didn't realise these were a 'thing' here in the UK. Never seen one!
Given what folks have said, wonder if there might be a case for gathering locations into a public facing map, say a Google Map for example.

A quick search uncovered a company that produces the hardware showing where their stands are in London.
I was going to mention Cyclehoops, who also supply a lot of street bike hangars in residential areas in London. Some of their bike repair stands aren't in the best of condition and they don't make it easy to report faulty ones.

Top Bottom