Pulled the trigger Tern HSD S8i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Loved my time with my Brompton but an opportunity (and giving my car to my daughter) has come my way. So I decided on a change. Particularly as im replacing my car for almost everyday use. There is a 2nd car in the family but its actually only available evenings & weekends.

Love cargo bikes but didnt want/need the full size GSD so the HSD really fits my needs. Its being delivered next week and cant bloody wait.

Drago

Legendary Member
We can't wait either!

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
We can't wait either!
KocZLQuXtfCtsxkCLd38XkJwxdGX4ynJltnpQSlred4Ojha7wQ.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
^^That. A small-wheel cargo bike is an intriguing idea, and not a style of bike I've ridden (and I've done a few different pennys and a triplet trike).
We have an Orbea Katu with rear rack, it’s a hoot and a good load lugger, a mini version of my Elephant bike....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have a compact framed 20" wheel Bosch ebike which is more fun to ride than a traditional big wheel bike.

Very capable as well - I've done a few 50+ mile rides on mine.

A limiting factor for panniers is the height of the rear carrier.

The Tern's looks to be set fairly high, but I imagine large capacity panniers might not sit well.

At least it has a belt and hub gears, so there's less chance of anything fouling on the drive side.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Thanks all I still have a thing for small wheel bikes and love the idea of a two wheeled pickup. I looked at the Orbea Katu and liked it. And it was a good bit less expensive but I just felt the Tern offered me more. Believe it or not I would have settled for the less expensive Tern P9 but got a better (for me) deal on the S8i. I guess because its thought to be the bigger seller. Amazed I got one from stock with a fairly quick delivery time.

Regarding panniers I think Tern have it figured out. I have these Tern cargo panniers on order so I will let you know. For those interested I will also let you know how I get on with the bike. I might consider going for a box type cargo bike after this.

Top Bottom