Puncture to Mileage Ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'd rather stop and fix a puncture or two than suffer Schwalbe Marathon Plus. :sad:

U

User6179

I'd rather stop and fix a puncture or two than suffer Schwalbe Marathon Plus. :sad:

I have Marathon Tour plus and I am coming to same conclusion , had these tyres on different bikes over winter and they are hard work if you are in a group doing anything more than 15mph , on the plus side you could run over a hedgehog and not puncture .

U

User6179

They are a bit heavy & ugly, for sure, but I had a week where I punctured every day and a mate had just bought some gators which he was ever so proud of, until he punctured after a couple of days...kinda made my decision for me. Expect I'll change my tune when I snap all my tyre levers one day, mind ;)

You can always use the quick release lever as a makeshift tyre lever :smile:

andyfraser

Über Member
I'll agree with you if I'm out on my road bike on a nice day with no time limits. I'll happily fix a puncture to have a better ride.

On my commute though I'd rather just get to work without anything happening so I have M+s on my hybrid usually.

1500 miles I think. Pxxxxxxxs depress me so much I undergo a Vulcan mind wipe afterwards so they don't depress me so that figure is a guess.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
About 1 every 800 miles.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I got a puncture on my turbo trainer
26456a5c5c2986f1d5be6e863aef44df.jpg

Attachments

• 26456a5c5c2986f1d5be6e863aef44df.jpg
    26456a5c5c2986f1d5be6e863aef44df.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
I that a wind up. I had 2 on Sunday alone. Getting sick of the crap state of our roads at the minute. Yours must be like a billiard table :smile:
Far from it; roads are pretty rubbish. Maybe I've been lucky but do clean tyres after each ride and typically have 110-120 psi

mark c

Über Member
First one on sunday with my Duranos and they have lasted two winters so far and a grand total of 2079 miles, Gators no punctures yet, although that has now doomed them.:sad:

Top Bottom