Pushy Bristol BMW driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

growingvegetables

Legendary Member
Location
Leeds
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Location
South Glos
Ummm - this,
..... the WHAAAAAAAAT?
Oh well ...for the Post this reads a lot more pro than anti!
 
He has been named on the Bristol Cyclist's FB page but quite how I don't know. Hope they get hold of him.
Someone recognised him, I suspect. I'm surprised it took this long. Generally, when something like this hits the press, the accused turns up pretty smartly at a police station. I had assumed because someone got in touch with them and said "xxxx police are looking for you"
 

dondare

Legendary Member
Location
London
Six months ago I couldn't even spell "manager", now I am one and have use of company BMW.
 

hatler

Legendary Member
No news on the identity of the driver ? Or the local plod's attempts at tracing him ?

It's gone very quiet.
 
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Location
South Glos
Latest is that he was spotted on ANPR heading out of Bristol never to be seen again :smile:.

The registered keeper (living in the South East) is not the man in question, is being asked who was driving, and the driver appears to have gone to ground. Suspect is likely to be a traveller and may have left the country (which I would call a result !).
 
I have a big problem with this aspect of "car ownership"

The responsibility to ensure that the driver is insured, legitimate and responsible lies with the owner who lends the car

If they cannot name the driver, prove that the driver was legitimate and insured then it should be assumed that the car was NOT insured at the time of the incident and it should be impounded until such proof is provided
 
I have a big problem with this aspect of "car ownership"

The responsibility to ensure that the driver is insured, legitimate and responsible lies with the owner who lends the car

If they cannot name the driver, prove that the driver was legitimate and insured then it should be assumed that the car was NOT insured at the time of the incident and it should be impounded until such proof is provided

That sounds awfully like guilty till you prove yourself innocent. It's not a good situation, but that kind of thinking is the thin end of a very large wedge.
 
Or, alternatively, the owner could be held for a modest amount of time, to allow them to search their memory in a distraction free environment. A 28 day maximum say ought to do it.

Because somebody can't name a driver, it's right to do an action that will likely result in unemployment and loss of earnings, potentially putting a family, and children at risk. With no evidence that they are guilty of anything?
 
Top Bottom