Pushy Bristol BMW driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
So the police conveniently leave off the dangerous driving, driving without due care and a lack of seatbelt. Typical. Not to mention the car is untaxed.
He could be swerving everywhere deliberately mowing down nuns and orphans, and it still does not become 'dangerous driving' until the CPS designate it as such. Also you can't dangerous and careless driving at the same time (it isn't 'due care', that doesn't exist), so you yourself don't seem to know what it is... or isn't.

I recently put to bed a PWITS, but i hung the investigation on a drink driving hook until i got a charging decision from the cps, simply because that's what initiated the whole investigation.

The Feds are investigating an incident, and what anyone get charged with may bear seemingly little relation to the obvious, so don't go worrying yourself at this stage. In any case, common assault would be a criminal conviction, not a driving one, so the consequences for a criminal record and the repurcussions a VAP conviction brings are liable to be much more significant than a dangerous driving, not to mention probably much more likely to secure a conviction.

PS - lack of Vehicle License is the DVLAs problem, not the County Mounties.

Last edited:
He .... not the County Mounties.
Pretty sound.

As an example of the obfuscation, nitpicking insistence on obscure procedures, and general lack of honesty and transparence, that so frustrates a complainant in their dealings with the law; and which provides a safe haven for all sorts of law-breaking.

Svendo

Guru
He could be swerving everywhere deliberately mowing down nuns and orphans, and it still does not become 'dangerous driving' until the CPS designate it as such. Also you can't dangerous and careless driving at the same time (it isn't 'due care', that doesn't exist), so you yourself don't seem to know what it is... or isn't.

I recently put to bed a PWITS, but i hung the investigation on a drink driving hook until i got a charging decision from the cps, simply because that's what initiated the whole investigation.

The Feds are investigating an incident, and what anyone get charged with may bear seemingly little relation to the obvious, so don't go worrying yourself at this stage. In any case, common assault would be a criminal conviction, not a driving one, so the consequences for a criminal record and the repurcussions a VAP conviction brings are liable to be much more significant than a dangerous driving, not to mention probably much more likely to secure a conviction.

PS - lack of Vehicle License is the DVLAs problem, not the County Mounties.

To make your life easier I've googled Drago's abbreviations as it's too early for my brain to be doing OBACs (Old Bill Acronym Conundrums):
PWITS = Possesion With a Intent To Supply
VAP = Vioence Against the Person

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

hatler

Guru
Yeah, you obviously can't spot the made-to-look-like-an-outsider cyclist in the photo because they're wearing a fugly yellow coat. ;) The Bristol Pest also can't resist putting in a couple more digs at people who cycle in ordinary clothes or dare to overtake queues of motorists.

"I have experienced many cars who have driven too close to me or erratically, but equally I have seen cyclists who go through red lights, wend through traffic or don't ware reflective clothing. It definitely goes both ways.

Those 'digs' are directly quoted from the cyclist concerned. Or are you suggesting the BP put those words into his mouth ?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Those 'digs' are directly quoted from the cyclist concerned. Or are you suggesting the BP put those words into his mouth ?
I'm suggesting that the Pest chose which of his words to quote and also to reprint the awful "THINK!" campaign advice below it. I suspect they also chose the picture and probably asked him to get the camera and helmet in shot.

The cyclist doesn't help by equating wearing ordinary clothes with dangerous driving or even going through red lights, but he's probably inexperienced in dealing with the Pest.

I see his pretty face is now in the national press, whatever happens to the case, there will be a lot more in the background as relatives, employers and others become involved

Well and truly "pickeringed"

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The only thing the journalist thought was.... This has the chance to be picked up and lots of readers to keep the advertising people happy!

Top Bottom