Pushy Bristol BMW driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be amazed in that neddie's insured for that car.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Reading the comments from Glenn's link there is this gem:
image.jpeg

:banghead:

So the police conveniently leave off the dangerous driving, driving without due care and a lack of seatbelt. Typical. Not to mention the car is untaxed.

Dangerous driving is not allowed to be recorded as a criminal offence until the CPS have authorised someone to be charged with it. Not the police's rule, the government's.

Driving without due care is not a crime recordable offence.

Not wearing a seatbelt is not a crime recordable offence.

Common assault is crime recordable as soon as the victim discloses it, and as the 'most serious' offence in this matter is the one that it recorded. It does not mean the other offences aren't also considered.

I understand all that - but the one thing the video does not show is common assault, so why quote that?

Because the rules placed on the police by the government (Home Office Criming Rules of you want to Google it) dictate that is the matter that is recorded in this case, so that is the accurate reply.

If the police had said "driving without due care and no seatbelt", someone would have complained "what about the assault?!!" - probably you!

B9Z4qIJIAAEKmM4.jpg

OT

Once had a van from a building company pull alongside, the van door open and someone pull the flag off

Luckily caught on video, so pointed out that I required as replacement from them

Pointing out that it was theft pure and simple resulted in a cheque

Didn't stop a Police report about carrying people in the back of a van with no seating, or them hanging out of the back

New flag and a warning from the Police ... Result

Top Bottom