Putting the fear of god into you,regarding clogged arteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
https://w3.hearthealthreport.com/Health/CHH/LP/Crandall-Arteries-Video-DGT?dkt_nbr=070706uehmxo
I've spent the last half hour listening to the above video. Not only has the "expert" been beating about the bush since the start of the video,he's put the fear of god into me,regarding clogged arteries! If you have the time and the patience,watch the video. He keep s saying "in a moment we'll let you know how you can prevent clogged arteries",but he doesn't! He keeps bigging it up,as they say.
Do any of you fear clogged arteries? I do. I exercise way over the recommended limit. I don't eat red meat,or meat in general. I don't eat processed food if i can help it. I try and eat 3 or 4 fruit and veg' a day. I eat plenty of fibre. The bad news is that i have high stress levels, and i drink too much.

gaijintendo

Veteran
My dad has spent countless hours watching similar videos about accruing wealth/starting a business/buying good/stockmarket whatever...

Do they sell a book or an event at the end?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My dad has spent countless hours watching similar videos about accruing wealth/starting a business/buying good/stockmarket whatever...

Do they sell a book or an event at the end?
I didn't catch the end. I had the `video on but wasn't really listening to it as it got so boring and repetitive. The video made me feel as if i could have a stroke or heart attack at any minute.
I remember years ago saying to my then GP when i went to see him about panic attacks,that i had palpitations and feared having a heart attack. His response was "If you are having one there isn't anything you can do about it,so don't so why bother"? Hum,not very helpful there doc!

User269

It's called a sales pitch, as previously mentioned, aimed at the gullible and based on nonsense.
It's designed to attract the sort of people that think the internet and chat rooms/forums are the sort of place to get sensible, accurate, and meaningful advice about a range of personal problems. Thank God, you've spotted the con.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's called a sales pitch, as previously mentioned, aimed at the gullible and based on nonsense.
It's designed to attract the sort of people that think the internet and chat rooms/forums are the sort of place to get sensible, accurate, and meaningful advice about a range of personal problems. Thank God, you've spotted the con.
But what are they after selling? If this "expert" has written a book about preventing clogged arteries,i wouldn't like to read it as it'll take sooo long and again,put the fear of god into you.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I didn't catch the end. I had the `video on but wasn't really listening to it as it got so boring and repetitive. The video made me feel as if i could have a stroke or heart attack at any minute.
I remember years ago saying to my then GP when i went to see him about panic attacks,that i had palpitations and feared having a heart attack. His response was "If you are having one there isn't anything you can do about it,so don't so why bother"? Hum,not very helpful there doc!

Well apart from ringing 999, you could always carry a couple of asprin, unless of course you are allergic to them. Perhaps in something like this? http://www.aspod.co.uk/ (No connections to the company etc.).

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've lots of clogged arteries. One of the sods caused my stroke in October and the ones in my legs make walking very tiring.
I tried having a running race with my kids last year on the park. I had to stop within a few seconds as the pain in my legs was immense. Not fun. Not a condition to take lightly.

mustang1

Guru
I find the NHS website pretty good (considering I have no medical knowledge). Unusually stay away from anything based in America. When you visit some websites, they ask where you are based (UK or USA) so they can give you "correct" advise (USA is usually bullcrap, UK is ok). Imho.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Kevin Smith nearly died the other night, which is kinda scary.

His statement about it is beautiful though.

D

Deleted member 1258

My blocked arteries caused angina in 2008, and a mild heart attack in 2016, I've got 5 stents in my chest keeping my arteries open, I take tablets every day and carry a spray with me in case I have another heart attack. The fella's just trying to sell his new book.

Top Bottom