Putting the fear of god into you,regarding clogged arteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn't catch the end. I had the `video on but wasn't really listening to it as it got so boring and repetitive. The video made me feel as if i could have a stroke or heart attack at any minute.
I remember years ago saying to my then GP when i went to see him about panic attacks,that i had palpitations and feared having a heart attack. His response was "If you are having one there isn't anything you can do about it,so don't so why bother"? Hum,not very helpful there doc!
You could potentially. As could anyone but it’s about minimising risk. Smoking, drinking, stress, weight, cholesterol, diabetes etc.
Unfortunately, if you have a strong family history of CV disease or genetic predisposition, it’s rather harder

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-matters-magazine/medical/blocked-arteries/reduce-your-risk-factors

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/atherosclerosis/

Being alive is actually pretty heavily linked to potential death

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know why a lot of the medical profession is taking so long to catch up with its own research!

Funnily enough, I just mentioned this subject in another thread. Do a search for the health benefits of vitamins K2, and D3 on cardiovascular health. E.g. paper #1, paper #2, paper #3.

And I strongly that you read Vitamin K2 and The Calcium Paradox. It is currently only £1.24 for Kindle/Kindle apps.

Summary: Vitamins D3 and K2 (and to a lesser extent, some others) are essential for bone and cardiovascular health, and most people in the western world these days are deficient in one or both.

PS Damn - I just spotted in one of those papers that warfarin use for over 4 years is associated with a 220% increased risk of prostate cancer. I have been on it for 5 years now! :eek:

PPS But now I found other papers saying that warfarin REDUCES cancer risk! :wacko: I feel another afternoon of scanning medical research papers coming on ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, if you have a strong family history of CV disease or genetic predisposition, it’s rather harder

I can't recall any member of my immediate family having heart problems,though my mum's cousin died from a heart attack after having 2 previous ones. He was a heavy person and a heavy smoker though. Cancer seems to be the main killer in my immediate family.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You can have a cholesterol test at the Drs and they will tell you if you need to cut down on fatty stuff.
Its common sense really not smoking and not eating loads of fatty foods.
I had a cholesterol test the other month. It was low,something like 3.6 if i remember rightly. According to the video i'm on about,low cholesterol doesn't mean you're safe from blocked arteries though.

Slick

Guru
You can have a cholesterol test at the Drs and they will tell you if you need to cut down on fatty stuff.
Its common sense really not smoking and not eating loads of fatty foods.
I'm no expert (obviously) but even I know it's much more complicated than that for so many people.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm no expert (obviously) but even I know it's much more complicated than that for so many people.
Last test done got the response that my "blood was too thick".

It's also the only one I've had done.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh come on! Please stop encouraging the diet fanatics, the supplementers, compulsive takers of vinegar, honey, honegar, cayenne, ginger, turmeric, chilli and pretty much every other spice powder, fish oil, krill oil, red krill oil, garlic extract and tons else, the advocates of pretty much every exercise and combinations of them, Atkinsists, eco-Atkinsists, neo-Atkinsists, crypto-Atkinsists...

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh come on! Please stop encouraging the diet fanatics, the supplementers, compulsive takers of vinegar, honey, honegar, cayenne, ginger, turmeric, chilli and pretty much every other spice powder, fish oil, krill oil, red krill oil, garlic extract and tons else, the advocates of pretty much every exercise and combinations of them, Atkinsists, eco-Atkinsists, neo-Atkinsists, crypto-Atkinsists...
He's not done that, you have.

Slick

Guru
Nothing to do with duet fanatics, or any other type of fanatic. I'm not going old ground but anyone with even the most tenuous grasp on the subject would understand the post I was referring to was overly simplistic for thousands of people.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing to do with duet fanatics, or any other type of fanatic. I'm not going old ground but anyone with even the most tenuous grasp on the subject would understand the post I was referring to was overly simplistic for thousands of people.
What's singing in pairs got to do with it?

Top Bottom