Question difference between two tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jdratcliffe

other than the £5 ish they seem to have similar names?

also has anyone used these (either ) i regards to Gp4000s as mine are getting worn now after few thousand miles and looking to renew but money is tight at the moment so £60 on new Gp4000s is not available.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
You don't have the two tyre names? Are you missing a link or something in your post?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Neither are available but it could be simple things such as colour (!), tread or the important one threads per inch of tyre (this affects puncture resistance but can influence rolling speed due to weight etc)

BSRU

A Human Being
anything that you see that ive missed cos all i can tell its £5 more..?
It could be the "Race" has a puncture safety belt which in theory should make it more puncture resistant.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
As stated above - the race has that little pink band in the pic- it is a central padded area under the outer coating which stops glass and thorns getting through ( or is supposed to).

both of those tyres will ride like hosepipes compared to the GP4000S. The Grand Prix would be a better option. Alternatively, why not look at something like the Vittoria Rubino Pro - they can be had for around £20ea on ebay and are excellent tyres...

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

both of those tyres will ride like hosepipes compared to the GP4000S. The Grand Prix would be a better option. Alternatively, why not look at something like the Vittoria Rubino Pro - they can be had for around £20ea on ebay and are excellent tyres...
define "riding like hosepipes"? im lost are you saying i should lump it and replace them with GP4000s

Top Bottom