Question difference between two tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
both of those tyres will ride like hosepipes compared to the GP4000S. The Grand Prix would be a better option. Alternatively, why not look at something like the Vittoria Rubino Pro - they can be had for around £20ea on ebay and are excellent tyres...

Which tread pattern do you like? Standard or Slick? How are they in the wet?

I am in the market for some new tyres, but these might be worth a punt at 2/3 the price of the GP4000S and about the same weight (only 20g heavier)!

define "riding like hosepipes"? im lost are you saying i should lump it and replace them with GP4000s

Just saying, those tyres are a significant step down in quality and performance from the GP4000S. Something like the Grand Prix would be a better option, depending on cost.

Which tread pattern do you like? Standard or Slick? How are they in the wet?

I am in the market for some new tyres, but these might be worth a punt at 2/3 the price of the GP4000S and about the same weight (only 20g heavier)!

I've only used the standard ones, but they are fine tyres - I rode a whole winter on a set a couple of years ago and they were 100% reliable.. :smile:

How do they ride vs GP4000s?

Difficult for me to compare directly, because the Rubinos were on a set of EA70s on my winter bike, whereas my GP4000S are on a set of DA C24s on my Tarmac. But they rode well, rolled well, gripped well and didn't puncture...

BSRU

A Human Being
How do they ride vs GP4000s?
I've ridden Rubino Pro 3 and GP4000s on the same wheels on the same bike.
As good as each other but the Rubinos started cutting up and getting punctures after only 2000km, whereas the GP4000s are still looking good after 3000km.

Top Bottom