Question for admin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
can we have a forum entitled Rewiews or "Top Gear for Bikes" where people can open a topic for the make of their bikes and give an honest review and feedback on its performance and value for money. not a place for discussion, just a place for people to add their reviews to the thread.

then, if someone is thinking about buying a certain bike, for instance Trek 5.2, they can go to the appropriate thread and read another riders personal experience of it.

just a thought? i personally would like to read other people's experiences on pinarello's and specialized roubaixs

In fact just a general review section. Satnavs, bikes, clothes etc... I think the forum lacks that.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
ACF's format seems to work quite well - I like their "Different Brands/Different Sizes" idea too.

(Not that I'm saying we should nick it, or owt...)

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
and the title of each thread should be very precise like "Trek 6.9" rather than "i've bought a Trek 6.9" so it's easy to look up.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
and we should get all the manufacturers to send us kit to test. I don't mind giving a De Rosa or a Wilier a run out. Its no bother.;)

Shaun

Founder
I could create a Reviews forum in the Technical section if that's any good for you?

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Sounds good to me. maybe we could ask manufacturers to lend us bikes to do the jersey relay. bagsy the pinarello prince :thumbsup:

Noodley

Admin said:
I could create a Reviews forum in the Technical section if that's any good for you?

Cheers,
Shaun

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd rather it was kept to personal experience, rather than "I heard they were crap..." :tongue: or it descending into a "Rapha are for mugs with too much money" stylee :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Job done. :tongue:

If you do post a review, please close the thread so that it cannot be replied to.

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Noodley said:
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd rather it was kept to personal experience, rather than "I heard they were crap..." ;) or it descending into a "Rapha are for mugs with too much money" stylee :biggrin:

i agree, although if you really don't like something about it you are allowed to say. after all, it's an honest opinion we're after.

Shaun's idea about closing the thread after is cool, but it would be nice if all reviews could be kept to the same thread as long as it doesn't descend into a debate. personal experiences only. maybe we should see how it goes without closing threads and if it descends into anarchy, close the threads.

How about limiting it to comments from people who have the same kit and questions from those who don't.

People could PM that stuff to you for you to add/answer if you closed it.

Shaun

Founder
I've modified the notes in Reviews so that other users of the same product or service can PM me with their personal review, and I'll add it to the thread.

I don't want to leave review threads open because we'll end up with lots of conversational posts that will dilute the library that it will hopefully become.

There are lots of places on CC where people can discuss stuff, including PM'ing the reviewers to ask questions.

Let's see how it goes, we can always change it later on.

Cheers,
Shaun

yenrod

buggi said:
can we have a forum entitled Rewiews or "Top Gear for Bikes" where people can open a topic for the make of their bikes and give an honest review and feedback on its performance and value for money. not a place for discussion, just a place for people to add their reviews to the thread.

then, if someone is thinking about buying a certain bike, for instance Trek 5.2, they can go to the appropriate thread and read another riders personal experience of it.

just a thought? i personally would like to read other people's experiences on pinarello's and specialized roubaixs

Bloody good idea ! ;)

Top Bottom