Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When there's sufficient pheasants requiring plucking.
is there a connection with the woodchuck season?

classic33

Leg End Member
Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
If you tip a robot-waiter, does it fall over ?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I heard the sound of a small aeroplane today. On looking up at the sky it looked like it had one engine, not two. It didn't seem to be going fast. In fact it was moving quite slowly. My thoughts were what is the minimum speed an aeroplane must travel at to keep it in the air? 🤔

Jameshow

Veteran
I heard the sound of a small aeroplane today. On looking up at the sky it looked like it had one engine, not two. It didn't seem to be going fast. In fact it was moving quite slowly. My thoughts were what is the minimum speed an aeroplane must travel at to keep it in the air? 🤔

Pretty slowly many micro light aeroplanes travel quite slowly and if into a breeze could fly backwards over the ground!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QtwJ6BAgSEAE&usg=AOvVaw0uXJaIOrqN4HkOTk3antOs

Last edited:

Lozz360

Veteran
Surely in most cases the weight, width and length of the plane will determine how much speed and power is needed to keep it in the air? 🤔

Indeed. A plane needs a certain speed to produce lift over the wings. The minimum speed to achieve lift is referred to as the stall speed. Google “aircraft stall speed” for more info.

Top Bottom