Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Why do civil discussions about e-bikes more often than not turn into massive arguements when the Welsh arrive?

What a stupid comment! Er ... hang on

colly

Re member eR
I might have posted this here before. But let's not quibble about details........

So you have a haircut, a month later it might need another cut. A year later it defintely would. Give it ten years and your hair would be halfway down your back.
Cut the hairs on your arm and they grow back readily enough.................but then they stop. An inch or so, maybe less. How does the hair know when to stop?
It is dead after leaving the root so ..............................?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
If a fish swims into a wall does it think dam?
We were doing an underwater search for a sunken barge in zero visibility following a compass course and separated by a taut rope. The end diver ( of 3 ) suddenly got a terrible fright as he found what we looking for with the top of his head.:ohmy:

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I might have posted this here before. But let's not quibble about details........

So you have a haircut, a month later it might need another cut. A year later it defintely would. Give it ten years and your hair would be halfway down your back.
Cut the hairs on your arm and they grow back readily enough.................but then they stop. An inch or so, maybe less. How does the hair know when to stop?
The follicles the hair grows from have a growing phase followed by a period of resting. For the scalp the growing phase is several years, it varies between individuals which is why some people cannot grow their hair very long, for the rest of the body only a few months but each follicle is active at a different time which is why blokes don’t get a rest from shaving every few months.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

It to do with the sun and rain. Hair needs copious sunlight and rain to grow. Wear a hat all the time and your hair on your head will not grow so much. Walk around naked and the hair will sprout all over your body.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had some ostrich burgers tonight.

1644969204079.png

I sent a message to a friend suggesting they'd go nice with fried ostrich eggs instead of the microwaved 'fried chicken eggs' I had with them. My thoughts are that you'd need a very large frying pan to fry a couple of ostrich eggs. I've worked in staff kitchens/canteens where you'd fry about 20 eggs in frying pans the size of a dustbin lid, so they are available. My question is why aren't ostrich eggs readily available to buy? 🤔

Last edited:
I had some ostrich burgers tonight.

View attachment 631196

I sent a message to a friend suggesting they'd go nice with fried ostrich eggs instead of the microwaved 'fried chicken eggs' I had with them. My thoughts are that you'd need a very large frying pan to fry a couple of ostrich eggs. I've worked in staff kitchens/canteens where you'd fry about 20 eggs in frying pans the size of a dustbin lid, so they are available. My question is why aren't ostrich eggs readily available to buy? 🤔
You used to be able to get them (occasionally) in Bury market ... but really the answer as to why they're not readily available to buy is the same as why any other domesticated, semi or quasi domesticated or artificially-reared eggs - other than hen, duck and - to some extent - quail - aren't, either. T'other birds don't, can't or haven't yet been, sufficiently 'changed' by selective breeding so as to lay eggs of a practically-useful size, day in, day out, year round and never give up ...
And if you fried an ostrich egg it'd be hard to give everyone a fair share of both yolk and white esp if they liked a runny yolk. You'd have to scramble it!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My question is why aren't ostrich eggs readily available to buy?
They're £15-£20 to buy. If you cook them long enough to cook the middle, the white turns into rubber. They also don't have as nice a flavour as a hens egg (IMO). But mostly just for convenience; you'd have to regularly feed parties of 20 people just to use it up

Top Bottom