Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Don't knock them until you have tried them.
why would I even want to try them, all my slow cooker pot needs to clean it is a rinse and quick rub?? its a solution looking for a problem and contributing to a global waste plastic problem.

I could equally say, don't knock not being a lazy git and doing a bit of light washing up, until you've tried it :okay: (no offence intended - I'm sure you're a lovely person)

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's easy as i just soak it for 10 minutes after,then wash it. My plug in grill is the problem when it comes to washing it after use. No matter how careful i am things like the batter off fish,the skin off sausages,the skin off tomatoes etc sticks to it and then burns. I have to kind of soak the thing by wetting the surface,but not too much as the water would/could pour off onto the electrical bits.:ohmy:
I use liners in our slow cooker.....cost very little and so much easier.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I find my slow cooker a bit of a pain to clean. You think you've cleaned it, then when it's dry you discover a dried on crusty bit. Also, there's only me who likes meat casseroles so it leaves me with the prospect of frozen stew for weeks to come.

I love my air fryer though. Would buy a bigger one if they didn't take up so much space.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I find my slow cooker a bit of a pain to clean. You think you've cleaned it, then when it's dry you discover a dried on crusty bit. Also, there's only me who likes meat casseroles so it leaves me with the prospect of frozen stew for weeks to come.

I love my air fryer though. Would buy a bigger one if they didn't take up so much space.
Which one do you have ??
I have an actifry but it is imo limited to what it can do.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure it's common in much of India

I bought this yesterday. I'm tempted to taste it on its own,before being added to my version of very mild 'curried' food. I wonder if it's hot/spicy in taste? 🤔

1620266944766.png

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I bought this yesterday. I'm tempted to taste it on its own,before being added to my version of very mild 'curried' food. I wonder if it's hot/spicy in taste? 🤔

View attachment 587374
Try it on its own.
It’s very mild, with a springy texture. Not at all spicy. It is a plain cheese curd cut into cubes.
You need a flavoured sauce to enjoy it properly.

mustang1

Guru
Are search algorithms still based on popularity of content. For example if there 6 billion people with web pages who say the earth is spherical and only 1 million with web pages that say it's flat, when you search "is the earth flat?", does it show the more popular opinion?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's not really a trivial question,more me asking for a bit of help. I want to contact Lloyds Bank via email,not telephone. I've tried to set up 'internet banking' with them,but found it very difficult. I want to email them about a payment that was taken out of my account last Monday without my permission. I contacted those responsible and they were very unhelpful saying i'll have to contact my bank to get the payment stopped. How they can stop it i don't know. I suppose they mean get the money back rather than 'stop it'. Do any of you have an email address that'll take me directly to the bank and not one where i get loads of waffle and have to register blah blah?

Top Bottom