Quick question - Who tours alone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
You should never feel guilty about buying 2-3 cakes and pretending they're for your friends outside. :smile:
I wasn't alone at the time but the person I was with was a vegetarian. In Invararay last year I was starving and saw a shop selling traditional Scottish meat pies so popped in to buy one and the girl said she was about to close up and I could have the lot so ended up with about 15 pies to myself :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
You should never feel guilty about buying 2-3 cakes and pretending they're for your friends outside. :smile:
Reminds me of a little incident on tour when I bought a kind of trifle slice cake and was surprised to discover it was a bogof offer. Whilst trying to eat the first slice, without the benefit of a spoon, the second slice slipped out of the wrapping onto the supermarket floor. In the interests of customer safety I promptly scooped it back into the wrapper and continued to devour the first slice. I thought, my word that was good perhaps I'll eat the clean part of the second slice. After a little time I couldn't remember which side had landed on the floor and ate the lot, never did me any harm:biggrin:.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I wasn't alone at the time but the person I was with was a vegetarian. In Invararay last year I was starving and saw a shop selling traditional Scottish meat pies so popped in to buy one and the girl said she was about to close up and I could have the lot so ended up with about 15 pies to myself :smile:
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: xx( xx( :hungry: :hungry: xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sounds awesome :okay:
I'd sooner have this tent of mine to a 'Bivvy' but there's not much more room.

AroundTheSite-OffTheTracksSpring2013-PB08.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Let us know how it goes!
Will do!
I intend to keep a diary, but am unclear yet whether I'll put it on the net in real time. But one way or another I'll write it up!

[QUOTE 4329685, member: 9609"]is there a reason other than not getting the bike nicked in the middle of the night for it to form part of the structure? and please tell me you don't have to hammer the forks into the ground.[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent design, the front wheel fits at the back to form the end, and the bike just sits there. THe forks can sink in in wet weather

After seeing one at a camp site, I toyed with getting one, but the issue was how you get down to the pub of an evening

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4329685, member: 9609"]is there a reason other than not getting the bike nicked in the middle of the night for it to form part of the structure? and please tell me you don't have to hammer the forks into the ground.[/QUOTE]
No there is a fitting that the fork sits in that you place in the ground.

This is an excellent design, the front wheel fits at the back to form the end, and the bike just sits there. THe forks can sink in in wet weather

After seeing one at a camp site, I toyed with getting one, but the issue was how you get down to the pub of an evening

The fitting cannot sink, it's too big (but aluminium)

IMG_8588.JPG

Top Bottom