R&K Klickfix handlebar fitting on a Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tried. They foul. Basically, anything that sits forward of the bar when the bike is unfolded can be a problem when you fold. Think which way the bars, er, drop... I even have to tip my clip-on blinky light upwards/backwards before folding.
I do use a barbag though!!! Just not a Klick-Fix one.
P1050509.JPG

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I tried. They foul. Basically, anything that sits forward of the bar when the bike is unfolded can be a problem when you fold. Think which way the bars, er, drop... I even have to tip my clip-on blinky light upwards/backwards before folding.
View attachment 340083
Cheers Rebecca, I thought as much. In fact I do the same as you I think with a £10 decathlon bar bag mounted inboard.
Cheers x

chriscross1966

Über Member
You'd be far better off with a Brompton luggage block and one of the myriad available bags tbh, a bag on your handlebars will upset the already twitchy steering

chriscross1966

Über Member
Ah... I withdraw my suggestion then... Er... Yes, dealing with stuff projecting forward is most of the issues I'm having with Francesca (my n+1) ... A lot of extra swivelling bits on quick releases would solve it, but would be ugly, and Francesca will be beautiful...

Kell

Veteran
View attachment 340083

As the block mounted bag doesn't turn, do your bags not foul each other in this set up?

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
Does anyone use one, do they fit without fouling anything when folded?
I have a bar-bag I was planning to try....
Cheers
FF

287444094.jpg

You meant this?

As the block mounted bag doesn't turn, do your bags not foul each other in this set up?
With the front bag mounted, you cannot drop the handlebars to fully fold the bike. The only time I leave the front bag on, is when pulling the bike around like a trolley by its (still extended) handlebar.
Try it. You'll see.
The bar bag, mounted inversely as in my photo, will simply sit to the very outside of the "package" when the bike is fully folded.
Photos on my blog HERE may help.

Top Bottom