Railway modellers - come on, out of the woodwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The original set and everything i got since i was aged 8 is in my attic ! I keep telling my kids i will get it down one day but like most of us,i never get round to it :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
What shop/online retailer are you anyway Classic?

Thing is, I don't actually have a layout at the moment, everything is just for display, so there is no point in me buying large amounts of things anyway.

I might as well take it easy and buy things when I can. They are a bit of an extravagance after all.

I work at A Toymaster store. The online retailer where the price quoted was got from was Rail in Sheffield. Its also not pre-odering just a request to let them tell you its in stock.

doctornige

I had an ... wait, my DAD had an OO gauge Hornby when we were kids. It was in the loft and was a decent two-ring affair with a three-track station, a shunting yard and a fiddle yard. We ran diesel models on it, including a 125 and an APT (yes, I know that's electric).

Later in life I got into modelling a bit with some 48 scale aviation stuff and brushed up against the rail guys again. Got bored and played guitar instead.

Nowadays, my rail modelling is 100% Brio with a SHITLOAD of Thomas engines courtesy of a rail-obsessed four year-old. Both of us like going to model rail shows. He gets very excited. Got to get him over to York soon.

Nidge

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I work at A Toymaster store. The online retailer where the price quoted was got from was Rail in Sheffield.

Oh ok, thanks.

Its also not pre-odering just a request to let them tell you its in stock.

I know, I saw it at Model Rail Scotland, and very smart the Pullman one looked too! I was just talking generally about the models I want as being on pre - order, that's all.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I weakened and went to the York Model Railway exhibition. It was OK. I liked the smaller O gauge layouts and 4mm scale branch lines but was underwhelmed by mega projects like Copenhagen Fields - the layout was 'too busy' visually.

I tend to be the opposite, I always like to have something so see, (although you are right, it can easily be overdone, I'll admit).
I find that layouts where it is just a few sidings or whatever leaves me cold, but at the same time, the layouts where trains are just going round and round does the same. I like different things to see, so I'd probably like Copenhagen Tunnel Fields.

I was itching to buy a 7mm scale Yorkshire Engine Company class 02 shunter from Tower models and a plethora of tools to facilitate the construction of some of my etched brass kits.

Yes I keep on meaning to buy the 4mm version of the '02, but I never ever get round to it.

Top Bottom