Railway modellers - come on, out of the woodwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
As a matter of interest, we're after a 5" gauge electric loco and driving truck. Let me know if anyone's moving one on!

Bigsharn

Veteran
If I had the money I'd love to... but as it is I have to be content with Trainz Railway Simulator and Railroad Tycoon :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I had the money I'd love to... but as it is I have to be content with Trainz Railway Simulator and Railroad Tycoon :smile:

Have you been to the Model Railway Exhibition at the racecourse this weekend?

I'm staying away for health reasons - the health of my bank balance that is. :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Used to have 00 gauge with a Great Western theme but it's all gone into store years ago. Hence I am very jealous of the large scale Saint David that User has been playing with.
Would absolutely love to have a go with that!:wub:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Used to have 00 gauge with a Great Western theme but it's all gone into store years ago. Hence I am very jealous of the large scale Saint David that User has been playing with.
Would absolutely love to have a go with that!:wub:

I personally would prefer a Westerrn or two, all weathered and super detailed. bootiful!

classic33

Leg End Member
Also I'll probably buy the MLV, and maybe the Brighton Belle and Blue Pullman

Got the Brighton Belle in stock. Which one are you after.

Bachmann Class 85 is on offer at £85 in a few places

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Maybe later, I'm trying to get my finances in order here, and I'm aware as to how much the 'Belle' is as a complete unit.

Thanks all the same.

As for the '85 and MLV, those will be more affordable at the moment, but I have stopped doing pre - orders, because I'm scared that I'll balls it all up and end up without any money to pay for it when the thing arrives, so I'll buy them when I buy them. ^_^:blush:
The last time I did a pre - order was the Early blue 2 - EPB (5738) from Modelzone. Gorgeous little model I may add, and I'll ideally need to get the green version from Lord And Butler to complement it.

But not right now.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What shop/online retailer are you anyway Classic?

Thing is, I don't actually have a layout at the moment, everything is just for display, so there is no point in me buying large amounts of things anyway.

I might as well take it easy and buy things when I can. They are a bit of an extravagance after all.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I weakened and went to the York Model Railway exhibition. It was OK. I liked the smaller O gauge layouts and 4mm scale branch lines but was underwhelmed by mega projects like Copenhagen Fields - the layout was 'too busy' visually.

I managed to keep my hands in my pockets apart from when I purchased a current copy of Railway Modeller and joined the Minsters Railway campaign group.

Total expenditure including entry - £16.75 though I was itching to buy a 7mm scale Yorkshire Engine Company class 02 shunter from Tower models and a plethora of tools to facilitate the construction of some of my etched brass kits.

Top Bottom