Railway modellers - come on, out of the woodwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

What did you get with yours btw?

Nothing quite as exotic as a Guzzi, a Suzuki GS400. Part-ex'ed my GT185 and the cash from the trains and track made up the difference... or some of it anyway!

It was mounted on a 8' x 3' board in my bedroom. I had a iron bridge over an inlet where the track passed in front of a window... it looked quite cool looking in! My favourite was a Santa Fe loco... hurt to sell that, nearly didn't but sod all point keeping it!

Maybe I ought return to modelling in some form (and I ain't talking Page 3!). I have the time and it's something that suits my temperament.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My 00 gauge is in the loft, I have had it since the mid 60's. Then I moved onto the real thing in 1974 and the train set went to the attic in about 1976.

TVC

I had an N gauge as a lad, but sold it when I worked out what beer and girls were for. I suspect when I retire I may build myself a narrow gauge mountain railway.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've never made a layout, but I like doing the scenic bits.

I did the buildings for this:

layout 001.jpg

and made this little country scene in N:

diorama 001.jpg

I've got the bits and pieces to make a little archaeological dig when I get round to it, and then I have a fancy to make a line of allotments.

One day, I'd like to go to Miniatur Wunderland too.

(sorry for big pictures, bigger than real thing!)

classic33

Leg End Member
And how cool would it be, to have an OO layout, with a Z scale layout in it, as a garden railway....

Forget Z scale, have alook at this scale
http://www.tgauge.co.uk/

Top Bottom