Railway station customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Try doing it with a baby in a pushchair.

The best bit about New Street is the computer that makes the anouncements. For bad news, it starts with "I am very sorry to anounce that..."

YOU'RE A MACHINE!!! YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF EMOTION!!!

PMSL !!!!
Oh, the happy times I've spent in New Street !

Will1985

Über Member
The joys of New Street! I didn't mind it too much, only the ticket booths dominated by Virgin staff where it often turned out to be much more expensive to book a CT train to Norwich than if I booked at University 2 stops away. They seemed to put on a surcharge over the price I could get at University or on the trainline.com.

Don't get me started on University station either - ticket clerks who were seriously inept plus 2 automated machines which worked on occasion....no wonder lots of students got fined because they got fed up of the long queues stretching outside.

Otherwise I never really had a problem with New Street...always knew that Platforms 8, 10 or 11B would get me a train home within 20 mins :biggrin:

spen666

Legendary Member
gbb said:
Oh dear, its just occurred to me....i've hardly EVER travelled on a train. :biggrin:

Caught the tube for the first time EVER to go see the TdeF in London.....

Errrrr, thinking.....took two train trips in my late teens.....and thats it.!!!!!!

I found the tube staff at Harlow quick and efficient..
They would be quick and efficient - thety had nothing else to do.

There is no tube in Harlow
but did they swear a lot, apparently oblivious that i was there, and that it may not be the way for staff to talk in front of customers.
I was thinking...would this happen in John Lewis...maybe not

asterix

Comrade Member
Try doing it with a baby in a pushchair.

The best bit about New Street is the computer that makes the anouncements. For bad news, it starts with "I am very sorry to anounce that..."

YOU'RE A MACHINE!!! YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF EMOTION!!!

Malice isn't an emotion?

gbb

Legendary Member
spen666 said:
They would be quick and efficient - thety had nothing else to do.

There is no tube in Harlow

:biggrin::blush::blush:errr, Epping, sorry xx(:biggrin::biggrin:

Harlow stuck in my mind cos thats where i exited (is that right ?) the M11.

Nothing to do...makes sense. I was the only customer there, the car park was deserted bar about 3 cars. It made for good travelling.

Bokonon

Über Member
Arch said:
I know. I'm dreading the 'Which end, which end?' bit as the train comes in.

Assuming you can find one, ask a member or staff!

That is making the assumption that the staff know! I've asked the guard of the Midland Mainline train I was trying to use, and he didn't know which end the bikes went in. I ended up just sticking the bike in the luggage compartment nearest to me, which he didn't complain about at the time. He seemed a bit miffed when I pulled the bike out again at my destination.

On another occasion, a GNER train crew wasn't even sure which of the trains waiting at Leeds was the one they were meant to be using. By the time they had worked it out, they were not very happy at having to open the guard's van for my bike along with getting everyone else onto an already delayed departure.

gbb

Legendary Member
Melvil said:
You cannot be serious - first time on a tube????????????????????? Wow.[/QUOTE]

No seriously :biggrin:...never had the need or desire before. Always had a car or bike since i was 17, and never generally went to London.

But then, i've never been on a rickshaw either...does that count ?

Top Bottom