Raise the Bar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im not sure how it happened but more than likely its golf related. About two years ago I took muscle spasms in my lower back - left side. No amount of physio, chiro and stretching has got rid of the problem but its a lot better than it used to be.
Granted my back isnt that bad on the bike and when I have completed a longish ride its a tad sore but all in all not as sore as some.

When I go to pick up the Larkspur next month I want the owner to help me find the best seat height, handlebar height and so on.

My question is: Does it make sense to have the bars raised so I am sat a little more erect on the bike? Does a straighter back promote a better ride long term for cyclists?

I have no interest in speed racing, getting bent down and hurtling down roads. I want the bike to travel around the countryside and take a good look around me.

Hes also giving me 40 quids worth of accessories in the shop. Do I need to buy something to get the bars raised (extender or something)

Comfort is the most important thing for me and I just wondered if other members have tried the above to improve their backs/cycle.

Regards

QC

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The larkspur already has a very upright position being on flat bars. You've got 60 degrees to play with on the stem.

Top Bottom