Raleigh M TRAX 2000 Collected today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Good question, this M Trax is a slight diversion from the usual but it is a bit of fun. So back to the serious business and my next challenge is to find a rideable Bianchi Rekord 748 in celeste in my length of leg and depth of pocket :cuppa:

keep looking under stones and you will be amazed what rocks up at times

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
keep looking under stones and you will be amazed what rocks up at times
I will do that very thing:smile: Im just back from a truly scary ride on the MTrax along some rough and steep forest tracks near here...l think l need a young person to show me how to stay alive on the thing....it fired me off the seat and l lost both pedals ! bloody miracle that l stayed upright. :eek:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I will do that very thing:smile: Im just back from a truly scary ride on the MTrax along some rough and steep forest tracks near here...l think l need a young person to show me how to stay alive on the thing....it fired me off the seat and l lost both pedals ! bloody miracle that l stayed upright. :eek:

My old Marin mtb has never been off road other than gravel paths and cycleways , i think the trick is to come off the saddle

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Stand up on the bumpy stuff and bend your knees slightly (and elbows too) they are your rear shocks on a Hard tail

Don't have the seat too high or it will literally come back and bite you in the nuts.

Also, stand up and try to get your hips behind and saddle - when going down steep hills - the steeper they are the further back you must position yourself.

Not too low though - try not to use your backside as an additional rear brake

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Stand up on the bumpy stuff and bend your knees slightly (and elbows too) they are your rear shocks on a Hard tail

Don't have the seat too high or it will literally come back and bite you in the nuts.

Also, stand up and try to get your hips behind and saddle - when going down steep hills - the steeper they are the further back you must position yourself.

Not too low though - try not to use your backside as an additional rear brake
Yep, well now l know what l was doing wrong because l was sitting (at least trying to sit) on the saddle which is at road bike hight and leaning forwards over the bars and going pretty fast. The track is rock and stones and deep ruts so when l hit a deepish hole l was fired off the saddle and the pedals simultaneously, most invigorating and it scared the proverbial out of me :wacko:

What do they look like ?
Like this

f29c2c67d6556529cddf0b365579006e--nano-superstar.jpg

Wellgo do some fairly cost effective ones. Those pins just stick to the grip on your shoe. They make a huge difference. Don't rotate them into your shins though, that hurts.

Top Bottom