raleigh twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
just picked it up , date on rear hub says 12-79, and its complete with rear child seat from the 70s (but not for long) brookes saddle is in good condition complete with little spanner bag , tyres are also in suprisingly good condition, its gone straight in the shed for now, i have an appointment with a spinal surgeon later , so it will have to wait for a clean up.

View attachment 55550

How much was that little darlin' ?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
the guy who sold it has an exceptionally good condition stowaway for sale .......hmm.... must resist.

I had a Raleigh stowaway as a kid. It was a ghastly thing as I huffed and puffed failing to drag its astonishing weight along, looking enviously at my pals on their "racers" - with their 5 (or even 10) speeds, Weinman brakes which actually worked and half the weight. It was part of growing up learning that my Dad's recommendations (eg the raleigh) were usually complete bollocks. When it got nicked I bought a knackered old pub bike, drop bars with flat-bar brakes and still 3 speed and it was immeasurably superior to the Stowaway

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
I was amazed how well mine rides very smooth gears all work brakes work nice for a thirty year old Bike they are much better than I thought it would be

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
me in wigan ,@GarryG in warrington and @Dirtyhanz in cheshire,. I wonder if we can get @CarlP and @Fab Foodie to come .......oop north ....for a group ride:thumbsup:

In principle, subjects availability if everyone else is, I'd be up for it.

GarryG

Warrington is about half way between Liverpool and Manchester, Wigan is about another 15 miles up the road.

From when I worked there. Flat caps and Wigan, that's about right.

Top Bottom