raleigh twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarryG

That'll be a long ride on a twenty! ;-)

Bodhbh

Guru
They're great aren't they! Totally got the bug and signed up to the Twenty forums and FB page.

I got one for 40quid - turned out it wasn't a great buy as a few things wrong with it (pinging spokes, faulty hub). Got another for 20quid for spares and sorted the first and added a few bits that were kicking about (koolstop pads, mary bars, nitto stem, charge saddle, pedals). Only other replacement was the tyres and long seatpost. It's obviously not a restoration jobs as such, just a functional knockabout that won't attract magpies. I may change the fork and add a proper headset soon, but that's it as out of money and want something I can leave outside the shops:

IMG-20140914-01043_zps76bb499d.jpg

IMG-20140914-01044_zpsc590e19b.jpg

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
I love the colour looks great

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
They're great aren't they! Totally got the bug and signed up to the Twenty forums and FB page.

I got one for 40quid - turned out it wasn't a great buy as a few things wrong with it (pinging spokes, faulty hub). Got another for 20quid for spares and sorted the first and added a few bits that were kicking about (koolstop pads, mary bars, nitto stem, charge saddle, pedals). Only other replacement was the tyres and long seatpost. It's obviously not a restoration jobs as such, just a functional knockabout that won't attract magpies. I may change the fork and add a proper headset soon, but that's it as out of money and want something I can leave outside the shops:

I just signed up for that, some interesting looking bikes on there.

Yours looks ACE.

Last edited:

Bodhbh

Guru
Thanks! It's worth joining that and having a nose. There's alsorts of wierd and wonderful builds - off-road, TT, 24" wheel conversions, faithful refurbs.

Swifty

Über Member
Have recently come across a bsa twenty 1969 on hub not in very good nick but think it may be worth buying I know nothing about these so any help would be of use

Top Bottom