raleigh twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And here it is @CarlP , @Dirtyhanz , @Fab Foodie , @GarryG , pics as it is when i picked it up , in pretty good condition too this one for the princely sum of....... £29.01^_^

20141026_165718.jpg 20141026_165729.jpg 20141026_165738.jpg

im sure these pics was the right way up:wacko:

We sold a shed load in the 70's.........OK, I worked in a bike shop with a racing background but we knew which side our bread was buttered :smile: we always got the buyers to ride the bikes they wanted to buy, there were not a lot of cars on the road so it was pretty safe.

Shaun

Not a lot of cars on the road in the 70s? Where were you?

Interesting that you say they are good to ride - never really ridden one but the gfriend bought one a few years ago for £12.50 then left it in the rain to rust.

I never really liked the look of that saddle. Is it remotely ergonomic/comfortable?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I never really liked the look of that saddle. Is it remotely ergonomic/comfortable?

If its any thing like mine its a fecking horror of a saddle! My aunt and uncle bought me Brooks B17 for my birthday last week so I'm going to fir that soon, and change the the grips. I might bling the bike up a bit. I know, extravagant, the saddle probably cost more than my bike is worth, but that is just the way a I roll.

Thanks for the reply. Be careful with the Brooks. I have the feeling that many folks use the R20 as a pub etc bike, using the reasoning that it is relatively thief proof, but in London of course Brooks saddles are a thief magnet.
EDITED FOR TYPO

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I suspect there is a untapped reservoir of these bikes. They get bought ostensibly for shopping, used a few times and then chucked in the garage. Shame, but great for bargain hunters!

Top Bottom