rammed a pedestrian today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
My bike and car insurance both went down when I got my Silver RoSPA ADR Motorbike qualification, so on that basis I think I would say no.

Something is that my instructor drummed into me was not to think outside the ride - i.e. any thoughts I have off the bike about how good I am compared to other road users disappear when I get on the bike, and are replaced with the system. On the bike, my brain is constantly running through the system, to the exclusion of random thoughts on the whole.

It very effectively teaches you to asses the situation, and your limitations, and how to ride within that.

"Ride with your head, listen to your gut and ignoor your heart." was one of his favorite sayings.

I thought of this remark today. A guy who writes for Bike Radar picked up on my helmet cam coverage and I gave him a few quotes and stuff, and he wrote a piece.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/headcam-cyclists-in-media-spotlight-14899

Have a look at the negative comment from gtvlusso:

"I am a great advocate of ignore and cycle on - take the frustration out by pushing harder."

Surely, that is letting your heart rule your head? If everytime I felt I'd been cut up, or treated inconsiderately, I hammered along the road, I'd be a menace to myself and others... I think Magnatom has said, in fact, the camera allows you to relax, because you know it's picking up details, that you don't have to, adn you can develop a sort of zen attitude.. I'm not sure whether I can be bothered to argue though... I'll let his remark wash over me.. Especially as he can't spell 'past' in the correct context....:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yes, I saw some of his negative commentary on a thread on the bikeradar forums and countered them.

Top Bottom