Range extender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

1. Does anyone know anything about the Van Moof range extender is it good and will other bike makes produce something similar.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Didn't you read the review in the link I provided on the previous VanMoof thread you started? They are purely and simply an extra battery to extend the range and there are lots of plug in versions already made by other bike manufacturers.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Didn't you read the review in the link I provided on the previous VanMoof thread you started? They are purely and simply an extra battery to extend the range and there are lots of plug in versions already made by other bike manufacturers.
Yes I did read It thanks just wanted people's experiences of them, What other manufactures make them?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I see dual battery with it saying range extender I thought it was some new charging device .

A 'range extender' is simply an additional battery.

Reisse Muller have certain models with two batteries, so do Frey with their EX MTB.

The Bosch dual battery system, as used by Riese and Muller, is quite clever.

The charger charges each battery a little at a time, and the bike uses each battery a little at time.

Switching between the two is seamless.

Needless to say, the display reads the total amount of charge remaining, leaving the rider to simply ride the bike.

However, ultimately the bike is just an ebike with two batteries.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

A 'range extender' is simply an additional battery.

The Bosch dual battery system, as used by Riese and Muller, is quite clever.

The charger charges each battery a little at a time, and the bike uses each battery a little at time.

Switching between the two is seamless.

Needless to say, the display reads the total amount of charge remaining, leaving the rider to simply ride the bike.

However, ultimately the bike is just an ebike with two batteries.
How do you charge them up separately or can both be charged up together?

simongt

Guru
And can it be inferred that the range is also affected by the amount of uphills and how much lights are used - ?
Rather like electric cars. Decent range until winter sets in and you're using lights, wipers, demister / aircon, incar entertainment etc. on a longish journey. :wacko:

Top Bottom