Range extender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Unless China India Brazil to name a few do something about climate change then electric cars here won't make one iota of difference.

That's not the attitude, just because your neighbours sh!t in their backyard, doesn't justify you doing the same.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
95% of all car journeys are 35miles or less per day.

Of all journeys, 50% drive only 2 miles per day- scandalous I know parents who are less than 500yds from school and yet drive there and straight back home, till school finishes and repeat.:cursing:

E87FDB16-0DF6-47AD-A483-0D98AC38F663.png

OP
OP
B

Biker man

That's not the attitude, just because your neighbours sh!t in their backyard, doesn't justify you doing the same.
Toyota have a hydrogen car out with a range of over 800 miles fill the tank in minuets no battery to dispose of that's the way to go.

CXRAndy

Guru
Toyota have a hydrogen car out with a range of over 800 miles fill the tank in minuets no battery to dispose of that's the way to go.

I beg to differ, hydrogen propulsion does have a battery pack. The most likely reason the fuel cell doesn't have capability to run the vehicle without a instant electrical store- aka lithium battery cell pack

Toyota claim 400 miles range. I expect nearer to 300. Let see what EPA and ev-database figures discover once properly tested

Does a Mirai have a battery?

The new Mirai is equipped with lithium-ion high-voltage battery in place of the current model's nickel-metal hydride unit. Although smaller in size, it is more energy-dense, giving higher output and superior environmental performance.

20211026_082500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biker man

I beg to differ, hydrogen propulsion does have a battery pack. The most likely reason the fuel cell doesn't have capability to run the vehicle without a instant electrical store- aka lithium battery cell pack

Toyota claim 400 miles range. I expect nearer to 300. Let see what EPA and ev-database figures discover once properly tested

Does a Mirai have a battery?

The new Mirai is equipped with lithium-ion high-voltage battery in place of the current model's nickel-metal hydride unit. Although smaller in size, it is more energy-dense, giving higher output and superior environmental performance.

View attachment 615213
Its the way to go.

CXRAndy

Guru
Its the way to go.
No, it is not yet. Virtually all Hydrogen comes from fossil fuels. There is very little "green Hydrogen " being produced with huge electricity costs.

Battery technology does now have the benefit of being generated from probably around 50% renewable sources and this will increase for the future.

I liken it to beta max versus VHS.

Battery tech with the likes of Tesla has won the PR battle and is currently streaking ahead.

Toyota, are pretty much alone in deciding to go Hydrogen. Too late to stop the battery vehicle-at least for a couple of decades

Top Bottom