Rapha and Marco Pantini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can't believe I'm still having these discussions after all this time but it's been clearly shown that some people benefit more than others from PEDs.
Anyway, that's my last word!
Awww Rich, but this is me!!! You know you like talking to me. I sometimes explain a vagary of IT, you sometimes explain a vagary of performance or recreational drug use :tongue:

simon briggs

I think Pantani was a great 90's icon - but only from a 90's perspective when most pro riders were on EPO - is he as bad as Armstrong? - no I don't think he was (perhaps from a drugs perspective) but not from a bulling / arrogance point of view.

I don't condone drug use at all - but its all relative. I have just read the excellent Merckx book the Cannibal. Everyone would class Eddy as the greatest cyclist the world has ever seen, but there are question marks towards the end of the book about Merckxs drug use. However I would still rate him as one of the best sportsperson that has ever lived....

Would you class wiggins in the same field? Yes hes won a TDF but he would never have targeted the spring classics, Giro, TDF in the same year (like Merckx) - but perhaps thats because he isn't full of drugs!!!

Top Bottom