Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
156km completed albeit all of today's were done indoors. Unlike @13 rider, I didnt want to be dodging ice! Let's hope for a Saturday afternoon ride after the wine wears off....

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Pleasant 70k today. Just over half done. Asking rate down to 48.4 k/day
May have a day off tomorrow.

Last edited:

shnjmsn

Über Member
145K today, total 245, almost half way. 5 days to go......... Might manage it yet.......... Grim day...... wet, dark, cold, muddy, breezy....... The calm before the storm ! 💨🚴‍♂️

13 rider

Guru
102km today upto 280km so a ride with @tallliman has got me back on target :okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When I saw the weather this morning I thought I'd made a good call to take the day off. But I was tempted out by the blue skies in the afternoon. 48km took me past 300. 196 left to go.

SWSteve

Guru
192k done so far. 100k planned for tomorrow and then 3x65k to finish. I’m hoping that I can get it done with ~30k required on NYE to mean I can have an easier final day.

All of it zwift so far as the weather has been atrocious in Somerset shire during the times I had available for rides.

Final 3 days will all be outside rides to give me some relief. Sweets Tea Rooms open again for take away on Wednesday so that’ll be a good trip

Day4: A little ahead of schedule after 85k riding round floods today. Sadly the same roads are all forecast to freeze tonight !

EDIT: my numbers, so I don't lose them (and because battery issues meant I don't have a proper log 🤦‍♂️ )
Day 1+3 rides: 209k
Day 2 walk: 13k (Christmas day walk - sacred!)
Day 4: 89k (included cheeky ride to Halfords for bits)
311k at the half-way stage. Required rate now 47.25 runs per Over, with all wickets in hand.

Although temps are now above zero, I won't risk riding until the afternoon. I just don't enjoy riding while worrying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom