Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
A tough 200km flood and ice dodging ride yesterday got me back on track. Now done 367km. Had stuff on in the morning so left at 3pm, roads were gloriously quiet, if a little treacherous for the last hour - had to walk a couple of sections near the end. Was a lovely bright full moon most of the ride.

Done all outdoor miles so far but looking at the forecast, may need to do some virtual miles today or tomorrow as need to get more or less done by the 29th.

Pleased I signed up, have needed the extra motivation of the challenge to get out

SWSteve

Guru
106km on the turbo today to cross 300. 3 easy days planned to cross the 500 barrier, weather looking wet and horrible tomorrow, if so I’ll stay on the turbo to avoid chances of getting a cold. How much are you all eating? I’m struggling to manage enough calories to stay at equal, let alone it be ‘proper’ food

13 rider

Guru
56 properly cold Kms today ,thankfully no ice to be seen . Upto 336km working the next 2 days but a few commuting miles should see need around 80km on New year's Eve

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Up to 361 km now. Just done a 55k ride and I think I may have had enough. That ride was a real slog. Not physically - I'm just getting bored with it. Had to keep forcing myself not to turn back.

shnjmsn

Über Member
Just hit 400 this morning. Horrible morning out on the levels, cold muddy wet.......... glad to get out as always but finding the 500 more of a challenge this year with the weather the way it is ! Still, 62 miles to go with 3 days to do it in............... What could go wrong......... :laugh:

Completed today with 551km ridden, might take a day off tomorrow.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve got 316k done all outside. Hoping to finish it outside on Thursday. Weather is bleak though.
I’d have had it wrapped up on Zwift by now.

Top Bottom