Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Glad your still in the game @Dogtrousers
Another bitterly cold commute added 53kms ,57ms to go
Initially I was doing it on local loops, straying no further than about 20km from home, mostly much less. It was doing my nut in. I hate to think how many times I've gone round the Elmers End roundabout.So I went slightly mad today and did a "proper" out and back ride, which was much better mentally. (Didn't go outside the tier 4 boundary though)

albal

Guru
Never looked down until 14 mile in. Poxy gps. Wasn't working . Did a re set , and started again. Recorded 66 mile. Through the forest and back.
Plenty of ice about. Took it steady. Just about 14 mile left, which I'll do when ice has melted tomorrow.
IMG_20201230_1102394.jpg

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Fipping heck it's been tough. I've/I'm working full days 24th/31st (both good weather days) so just commutes those days. I've flogged it out in Somerset mostly around freezing with sun wind hail sleet and good ol rain. I've lost my feet many times, been totally self sufficient and mostly solo. 67km was left for today and I managed it, not up on the Mendips as planned but loops of Kingston Seymour way after lunchtime after a test run for milk locally and the ice had melted, heard many tales of peeps upending this morning. I have my normal 15km commute tomorrow but it looks like that might not be on even on mtb. Far far far tougher than last year.

24th 15km commute (both dark missed the glorious weather!)
25th 40km
26th 46km
27th 114km
28th 78km
29th 100+40km
30th 8+59km

Finished off with 78km yesterday (mid-morning start). Saw some snow on the high-ground round the Ridgeway, but conditions otherwise good-for-December. Still perishing cold of course!
Nice to have a day off for NYE, with that satisfied feeling of something done, finished, accomplished etc! I was bigly in need of a lift to end 2020 with.

I really don't like ice, but have to be grateful that I've seen no rain in daylight - which feels odd, considering how much floods have limited my routing. So reading about the weather that others have had (even fellow southerners) I think it's been a Good Year for this-sort-of-thing.

Good luck to anyone still on the road!

Attachments

• 1609410927794.png
    1609410927794.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 5

Tribansman

Veteran
Well done to all who've finished and very impressed with those who did it with a couple of days to spare. Can't believe there are some that have done 500km on a turbo! An hour indoors is my limit, just get too bored - and so much of the reason why I get on my bike is to get fresh air and see/hear different sights and sounds .

Hoping to get my remaining 80km done this evening when I've finished work. Hasn't exactly gone to plan, but I prioritised a couple of rides with my lad instead of long solo ones. Just hope I can summon up the energy later to get out!

13 rider

Guru
Over the line matched @Dogtrousers massive total of 502km :laugh: just enough is enough . Racked up the last 56km with a mid morning ride bloody cold still
I'm never ever doing it again

See you same time next year :hello:

Top Bottom