Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Over the line matched @Dogtrousers massive total of 502km :laugh: just enough is enough . Racked up the last 56km with a mid morning ride bloody cold still
I'm never ever doing it again

See you same time next year :hello:

My total too! Did the final 80km tonight, finished at 11pm, so only just. Was very cold come the end as fog came down. Celebrated with a coffee stout and a tray of (McCain's) Smiles 👊

AlanW

Guru
Finished it with two days to spare, so l thought, l know what better way to end the year than one last "quick" session on Zwift.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-102843_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-102843_Strava.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9

Tribansman

Veteran
Going to give it a go but family constraintsband working 29-31st mean it's unlikely I'll get anywhere near the distance.

Not been able to do owt today either, recovering from a 500 mile round trip to collect the folks and then some food prep when I got home.

Going to try and drag myself out of bed early tomorrow so I can get back before Mini T wakes up. Hoping to get 50km in.

Forecast temperatures look kind for the period, but looks like there's a lot of rain about...

13 rider

Guru
Yep I'm in again strongly suspect I won't finish this year . The weather looks wet not getting wet for the sake of this challenge . Extended morning commute today and home 35 miles in the bag

Alex321

Veteran
I'd love to try this one year, but I just can't honestly see me having the time. I feel guilty sometimes taking a 2 hour ride at weekenmds or holidays, and 2 hours isn't enough to do the 71.5km that you would have to average per day.

I've never actually done that much in a day anyhow, though if I felt I could spare more time I would.

AlanW

Guru
Be rude not to l guess on account l've completed every single one since they first started.
But unlike previous years when l've banged in a 100 miler to kick it off, l made do with a modest 60 miles today.
But l still dont think its fair to include inside or manually inputted rides, not really a challenge anymore is it?

Milzy

Guru
I did it last year in freezing temperatures. I doubt I gained anything from it. Just suffering & not seeing my family as much. I’d only do it again indoors or in a warmer country.

13 rider

Guru
A ride on Xmas day 33 miles and a 50 miler today put me on 182km . If the weather holds tomorrow I'm in with a shot back to work Wednesday so just commuting miles for the last 3 days

Top Bottom