Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My attempt to get it done in one go went up in smoke. Last week I did a 200 audax under hard conditions. This one was still in my legs. No power and a nagging headwind for the first 160k. Then some proper Flemish hills territory. By the time I arrived at the Zelzate service station I was 1h30 behind schedule and seriously knackerd. I spent far too much time there eating and warming up. That was really needed as halfway between Zelzate and Antwerp the energy drink in my thermobottles had turned to slush. My food was frozen solid. I slogged on to Antwerp, reaching the town 3 hours behind schedule. Time to call it a day because I have to work tomorrow. I decided us the southernly wind and cycle to Breda railway station. Ended there with 366k on Strava.

Noooooo! I’m sorry. Isn’t there anyway you can fit the rest in? It’s not much. Come on. We are cheering you on.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My attempt to get it done in one go went up in smoke. Last week I did a 200 audax under hard conditions. This one was still in my legs. No power and a nagging headwind for the first 160k. Then some proper Flemish hills territory. By the time I arrived at the Zelzate service station I was 1h30 behind schedule and seriously knackerd. I spent far too much time there eating and warming up. That was really needed as halfway between Zelzate and Antwerp the energy drink in my thermobottles had turned to slush. My food was frozen solid. I slogged on to Antwerp, reaching the town 3 hours behind schedule. Time to call it a day because I have to work tomorrow. I decided us the southernly wind and cycle to Breda railway station. Ended there with 366k on Strava.

Still a fantastic ride :notworthy:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Chapeau! Epic effort. Not a defeat, just a smaller- slightly smaller- win.

Ivo

Especially quite a few lessons learned. This is not something you simply do when seeing that your workschedule gives you a bit of space for it. Especially not when you only start planning 3 weeks ahead.
The better option might be setting out on the 24th in the evening to a hotel upwind and cycling with a tailwind and a train back.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
525km :becool:

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Still doable

I have a plan.;)

I have had youngest daughter (9) staying with me until today and she is with her mum for New Year, so I have 2 days free from tomorrow. She is too young to stay home alone with a box of matches and petrol. She also woke up with Turkey Pox (chicken) on Christmas Day so I haven’t been able to get out much.

To be honest I’m quite looking forward to a rest and some free time astride my bicycle.

Top Bottom