Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ivo

Resumed my attempt yesterday with a 79km ride from my christmas holiday place. Today a 38k ride and the 20k I needed between trains on friday did the rest. 503k done now.
I must say that the area south of Berlin is very nice for cycling.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I have a plan.;)

I have had youngest daughter (9) staying with me until today and she is with her mum for New Year, so I have 2 days free from tomorrow. She is too young to stay home alone with a box of matches and petrol. She also woke up with Turkey Pox (chicken) on Christmas Day so I haven’t been able to get out much.

To be honest I’m quite looking forward to a rest and some free time astride my bicycle.
The plan is going to plan. Instead of being ride buddy I have just been the last control for day 2 of the two back to back 200kms in the plan. "Heltor" is riding strong with 65km to go. I will be back to check messages later on and cheer him into the finish line well before midnight. Determined riding.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
The plan is going to plan. Instead of being ride buddy I have just been the last control for day 2 of the two back to back 200kms in the plan. "Heltor" is riding strong with 65km to go. I will be back to check messages later on and cheer him into the finish line well before midnight. Determined riding.

Scraped in as a late finisher. 207ish kilometres done today. 2 x 200s back to back is going to hurt in the morning. 517km in 3 rides is on the slate. Happy New Year @Cranky Knee Girl and to Mr Cranky Back Boy. :hugs:

It’s been good. Again next year?

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I got almost half way then realised my family wanted me close by. I decided to do a bit of indoor turbo & eat & drink plenty. Good balance I thought.
No doubt some Rapha gimps will sow their badges onto their cycling clothes.

13 rider

Guru
Scraped in as a late finisher. 207ish kilometres done today. 2 x 200s back to back is going to hurt I. The morning. 517km in 3 rides is on the slate. Happy New Year @Cranky Knee Girl and to Mr Cranky Back Boy. :hugs:

It’s been good. Again next year?
Brilliant effort :notworthy:

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
This arrived today. Very Kwa-Zulu. I like.

08C65E55-2F4D-4E6E-9E82-DAF5FED41242.jpeg

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I so wanted to do it but with only 2 full days free to ride it wasn't going to happen, 178km. Next year?
Anyone for 2019? :wacko:^_^:bicycle::banghead:

I'm in, only one short work day in the period (I can extend the commute) and not catering for "that" many this year. Certainly not a houseful for a fortnight like it usually is. I wasn't going to bother with a Christmas Cake but have now realised it is essential. The fruit is soaking...

Top Bottom