Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Anyone starting tomorrow?

Same as @13 rider I'm at work tomorrow, so I'll see what I can do to and from work.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Anyone starting tomorrow?

I set the alarm so that I could start at 6am to get some miles in before having to do family stuff. Didn't sleep well so got up at 5am, started to get my kit on but then realised rain was rattling on the bathroom window. Went back to bed.

Not setting any more alarms this Christmas. I'll ride when I can and if I want to. If that results in 500k then whoopee! If not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Heigue'r

Veteran
I set the alarm so that I could start at 6am to get some miles in before having to do family stuff. Didn't sleep well so got up at 5am, started to get my kit on but then realised rain was rattling on the bathroom window. Went back to bed.

Not setting any more alarms this Christmas. I'll ride when I can and if I want to. If that results in 500k then whoopee! If not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I could have written this exact post.Didn't get as far as putting kit on

It was windy and rainy but I got just over 100 Kms done today.

unlikely

A mate has coaxed me in to trying this, but not sure if I'll complete it.

I managed to get 115km in yesterday afternoon/evening, which is the longest, darkest and wettest road ride I've ever done!
I was hoping to use tomorrows less than ideal forecast as an excuse to bail, but the forecast is looking pretty OK now, so I may have to attempt another triple figure spin :-/

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Very wet 50km this morning, but per the forecast this should be the worst day weather wise

I headed out for another 100 Kms today, but the weather turned about as nasty as I’ve ever ridden in, the back roads were becoming impassable as I was reaching them, so I cut it short. It just means a re jig of my original plan, which had this ride as a reserve / just in case ride towards the end.

unlikely

I did manage 137km today, but I'm dead.
My Polar Flow recovery diary has me in the Very Strained area, and not even returning to the Strained area until Tuesday!

I am probably going to quit now, as I've got to work 3 days before the end of the challenge, and continuing is likely to have more negatives than positives in terms of recovery and fitness.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Very wet 50km this morning, but per the forecast this should be the worst day weather wise
Was very wet here this morning too and I couldn't go out until lunchtime anyway, procrastinated some more so did a damp 50km this afternoon rather than nearer 50 miles, which is good enough. I'm weighted to second half as working tomorrow afternoon and couldn't go out in the lovely weather yesterday!

130km/500 :eek:

Top Bottom