Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Well I've done more than I expected to this week, currently on 282 km so might as well try & push on for the 500 :blush:
You're flying! You're not allowed not to do it now :laugh:

Milzy

Guru
No chance. It would destroy my immune system. I’ll stick to some structured training on the Neo & probably get the same fitness gains in 25% of the time.

I could have written this exact post.Didn't get as far as putting kit on

Same for me alarm went off at 6:30 but the rain plus generally being knackered after a tough year at work, I rolled over and went straight back to sleep, mind you i'm still 50/50 about completing this challenge one more time but spilt over three big rides.

I did 500km at the beginning of Dec in five days so it would be nice to bookend the month.

Super disappointing today was the first day I've been free from festive commitments and able to get out for a planned 100 miler, seems I've some kind of stomach bug or the likes, guts in bits no energy and aching all over my back and legs

13 rider

Guru
Not feeling great today, aching everywhere with a dull fatigue so after 300km complete, I really don't see me finishing this now. Still, 300km in 5 days is easily the best I've done this year!
Still a cracking effort

IBarrett

Über Member
I was hoping to work around family commitments and achieve The Rapha this year. But terrible weather on the first day cut short my ride and looks to have put paid to that. I’ve managed 3 rides and will be out tomorrow to get to @250 miles, but I think that’s it for me.
Well done to those who have and will accomplish this feat this year.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I was hoping to work around family commitments and achieve The Rapha this year. But terrible weather on the first day cut short my ride and looks to have put paid to that. I’ve managed 3 rides and will be out tomorrow to get to @250 miles, but I think that’s it for me.
Well done to those who have and will accomplish this feat this year.
You do know it is 500km not 500 miles.? I’m sure you do but just wanted to make sure in case the missing gap was doable.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Finished it this morning. ^_^
Well done Chris, great effort for 7th consecutive Festive 500 :okay:
Still chipping away. 140km to go.
Doable if you have the free time, weather looks ok for next couple of days.

I've got 32km to go, which I'll get on my commute tomorrow all being well. Last 7 days have been my best mileage ever over a Christmas week, just shy of 322miles, but the weather hasn't been too bad at all. I can't see me doing the festive 500 every year, but it gave me something to aim for over this least few days :smile:

Top Bottom