RC controlled cars....help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xzenonuk

Veteran
First picture shows why I never liked the TL-01. The Ariel coming up through the chassis half's, practically next to the receiver. Just waiting to be clamped and cut, in the worst place.

a esc would free tons of space and he could whack in any rx unit with some double sided sticky tape :smile:

also icowden happy shopping, rc models get dang pricey :biggrin: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/ happy shopping :smile:

Last edited:

gunja99

Oh I hate this forum. Just got into a new hobby (cycling), which turns out costs a lot (shud have stuck with just running), and now here I am tempted by yet another new hobby, though been considering it for years unlike cycling which anyone at my running club will tell you... I hate MAMILs, and now I am one :biggrin: :biggrin:

xzenonuk

Veteran
Oh I hate this forum. Just got into a new hobby (cycling), which turns out costs a lot (shud have stuck with just running), and now here I am tempted by yet another new hobby, though been considering it for years unlike cycling which anyone at my running club will tell you... I hate MAMILs, and now I am one :biggrin: :biggrin:

nah im prettysure once u see this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/ (whistles the other way)

classic33

Leg End Member
@xzenonuk, if you want speed, attach(firmly) one of these to your car/buggy.
est1675.jpg

OldManGraham

I love Vanessa's Lunchbox myself 👀👍😳

xzenonuk

Veteran
heres the lunchie and dads pumpkin he bought for the garden after seeing how fun my lunchie was, both have oil shocks now and 5th shocks etc :smile:

mnpYlRR.jpg

4vwmBMK.jpg

DGGesWY.jpg

Ahh bugger, ordered the sand viper. Hope everything in that bundle is what I need, and I got the paint too ;)

sand viper is a solid kit and my one is too powerful for my garden, viper kit should come with fullbearings etc :smile:

heres mine over 10 year old and has really been abused and even ran over by a big nitro savage :smile:

HFRzwEE.jpg

what colour u doing your viper? what bundle u pick?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
heres the lunchie and dads pumpkin he bought for the garden after seeing how fun my lunchie was, both have oil shocks now and 5th shocks etc :smile:

View attachment 540017

View attachment 540018

View attachment 540019

sand viper is a solid kit and my one is too powerful for my garden, viper kit should come with fullbearings etc :smile:

heres mine over 10 year old and has really been abused and even ran over by a big nitro savage :smile:

View attachment 540020

what colour u doing your viper? what bundle u pick?
Aside from the rear wing, looks a lot like their Bearhawk when the body is removed.
58093.jpg

xzenonuk

Veteran
Aside from the rear wing, looks a lot like their Bearhawk when the body is removed.
View attachment 540025

i used to drool at that in the argos catalogue when i was a kid and never got one lol edit: yeh i see how the tub is a similar shape :smile:

just took some viper pics like the bottom of the chassis, im gonna need to start using parts out the spare kit i got proper, chassis and one side of gear box need replaced :P

been on 3 screws holding gear box in for about 5 years lol
0aqfdj8.jpg

Gzge2ZX.jpg

knackered the yellow spoiler beyond repair so back to green, i was cart wheeling it though lol
i0zQI7s.jpg

pretty tough model :smile:

Last edited:

gunja99

WOw brilliant stuff. You been following me on that other forum, but here is what I managed to finish in under 24 hours!

The kit included basic RC, 2 batteries, charger, and the servo. Wasn't too bad and instructions clear, just the servo caused me some issues picking the right screw, etc ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_144041.jpg
    IMG_20200808_144041.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200808_135255.jpg
    20200808_135255.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200808_143554.jpg
    IMG_20200808_143554.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 6

classic33

Leg End Member
WOw brilliant stuff. You been following me on that other forum, but here is what I managed to finish in under 24 hours!

The kit included basic RC, 2 batteries, charger, and the servo. Wasn't too bad and instructions clear, just the servo caused me some issues picking the right screw, etc ;)
Out of interest, did you paint straight onto the washed bodyshell, or did you roughen the inner surface prior to painting?

gunja99

Out of interest, did you paint straight onto the washed bodyshell, or did you roughen the inner surface prior to painting?
Straight onto it washed. Does roughening it up make a bug difference? (totally new to all this). Really do like the gold despite being a little anxious when my daughter decided that's what she wanted (as the yellow was out of stock from where I bought it)

PS. the poor thing ended up in a river this afternoon.... Wasn't me driving, and he won't be having a go again for a while... Drying out in rice atm (the electronics!)

Attachments

• 20200809_192506.jpg
    20200809_192506.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom