RC controlled cars....help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
BiTD we used to put them in a balloon secured with an elastic band :okay:
Wasn't that the receiver?

tamiya

is there a awesome value waterproof esc for brushless motors as well?

only have a few brushed ones rest are brushless and not waterproof apart from the hyper vse which the manual says can drive under water if i remove the fan lol

edit: only need one to handle 2s and brushless motors up to 6000kv max but most are around the 3000-4250 range, really impressed with that 1060 for brushed ones, brushless equivalent? :smile:

Sure HW makes XERUN line too, good value for their RRP.

Tamiya supply TBLE02 with some kits, that's a brushless ESC switchable to brushed. Can run sensored 10.5-16.5T I believe.

I personally like Traxxas VXL too, if you can find them cheap/used from any Traxxas owner that has upgraded.

Fancier & dearer but I also run SpeedPassion Reventon; before that (& everything going waterproof) was a big Novak fan right from their first SS5800 then onto GTBs. Sadly Novak has shutdown.

Don't treat "waterproof" as "put them away Wet" though. The electronics might survive but the moving bits like bearings don't. Fans don't like water. Even the Traxxas VXL motor bearings will go rusty if left damp, it'll seize up and then burn everything next run.

xzenonuk

Veteran
Sure HW makes XERUN line too, good value for their RRP.

Tamiya supply TBLE02 with some kits, that's a brushless ESC switchable to brushed. Can run sensored 10.5-16.5T I believe.

I personally like Traxxas VXL too, if you can find them cheap/used from any Traxxas owner that has upgraded.

Fancier & dearer but I also run SpeedPassion Reventon; before that (& everything going waterproof) was a big Novak fan right from their first SS5800 then onto GTBs. Sadly Novak has shutdown.

Don't treat "waterproof" as "put them away Wet" though. The electronics might survive but the moving bits like bearings don't. Fans don't like water. Even the Traxxas VXL motor bearings will go rusty if left damp, it'll seize up and then burn everything next run.
Thanks for the help m8 :smile:

Top Bottom