RC planes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
A small selection of my RC slope soarers. I've got the same number of electric RC planes in the garage.;)
Slope soaring is my first passion.
As a BMFA instructor and Examiner, I would advise anyone to join a club and learn from an experienced flyer. It's cheaper in the long run!
View attachment 354117 View attachment 354115
View attachment 354115
Out of curiosity, which tailplane design do you prefer? You seem to have them all covered.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Out of curiosity, which tailplane design do you prefer? You seem to have them all covered.
V Tail does it for me - less drag, more performance.
T Tail next in the pecking order - particularly on scale gliders.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Pekris 'Thermik Prowler' - 3.8mtrs of floaty loveliness. Quite a rare machine. Floats around beautifully in anything over 10 mph wind.
I'm 6 foot tall BTW to give it scale.

THERMIK P 001.JPG

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A small selection of my RC slope soarers. I've got the same number of electric RC planes in the garage.;)
Slope soaring is my first passion.
As a BMFA instructor and Examiner, I would advise anyone to join a club and learn from an experienced flyer. It's cheaper in the long run!
View attachment 354115 View attachment 354117

My favourite plane - Acacia 2 - pictured over St. Agnes in Cornwall.

View attachment 354121
View attachment 354124

Nice selection, not seen a PMP Esprit for a while, I sold my Turbo Esprit to a chap in Scotland, that was fun to post, but a superb wooden slope aerobatic, beat the pants off the Chris Foss Phase 6.
I have held on to a few of my slope soarers, largely sentimental reasons. Graupner Cherry SE2, Bowman Simple Sailman (a nice R/E light wind floater @ 118" span).

Big Andy

Über Member
Anyone fly ?
I'm crashing lots right now so looking for tips ......... on spare parts :laugh:
Yes. Scale and scale aerobatics was my main thing, although time to fly is scarce despite the fact I work for the BMFA. Am also an area chief examiner/instructor.
Best advice I could give is check out your local clubs. Most have instructors on hand.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nipped over the airpark today for another CRASH course and bumped into a fella called Colin who flew my plane and trimmed it a bit better then let me take control for about ten minutes of flying . I almost landed the plane but he took control again as some people had walked onto the runway .
Its a bit of a heart in mouth moment flying isnt it !

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
If you were at Hanworth, Colin wasn't a very cheerful fella, mid 60's who looked like he'd been doing it for all his life? I don't want to paste his surname.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you were at Hanworth, Colin wasn't a very cheerful fella, mid 60's who looked like he'd been doing it for all his life? I don't want to paste his surname.
Yes , said he had been doing it all his life . He seemed ok to me but then i can be a grumpy old sod as well :laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Lovely bloke. His brother taught me to fly 29 years ago, and was best man at my wedding
His son gave me lessons today ! Two take offs and two landings plus flying time :eek: Sitting at home now its just sinking in how kind they are to teach me on a bank holiday when they where on Father and Son time .
Seeing them fly the war birds together was very cool !

Top Bottom