Ready to start!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

😄

After this evenings ride, I’ve realised I need some better lights. Especially on the front so I can see the ground clearly.
Do you guys have any recommendations? There’s so many to choose from on Amazon I don’t even know where to start

😄

After this evenings ride, I’ve realised I need some better lights. Especially on the front so I can see the ground clearly.
Do you guys have any recommendations? There’s so many to choose from on Amazon I don’t even know where to start
https://www.aldi.co.uk/front-&-rear-bike-light-set/p/017096282743300
These are superb. I’ve got a couple of sets, and they really are pretty impressive. Every year Aldi do a cycle special buy event, and I always make a bee line for these lights. It’s good to see you can still get them on line.

You're hardier than I - I don't go out at night, and try really, really hard not to go out in the cold, either!
Definitely going to think about London to Brighton again this year, about time I did it on a lighter bike....It remains my longest ever ride, not good for the years I've had the bikes!

I like riding at night - the advantage of living rural, I guess. There's a certain peace when it's just you, your bike and the night... Cold isn't so bad, although I do end up looking like the Michelin Woman... :laugh:

😄

I'm keeping an eye on the recommendations as the smaller of my two USB lights has called it quits, and the other isn't as good as it could be.

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

https://www.aldi.co.uk/front-&-rear-bike-light-set/p/017096282743300
These are superb. I’ve got a couple of sets, and they really are pretty impressive. Every year Aldi do a cycle special buy event, and I always make a bee line for these lights. It’s good to see you can still get them on line.
Ahhhh someone at work told me about these - I did google them myself earlier so I’m glad you mentioned them!
Is the front light bright enough to see the road and things when your cycling down dark pathways etc? How often would you say you have to charge them?

Ahhhh someone at work told me about these - I did google them myself earlier so I’m glad you mentioned them!
Is the front light bright enough to see the road and things when your cycling down dark pathways etc? How often would you say you have to charge them?
They are pretty much bright enough to be seen from space:laugh:.The charging depends on the useage, but if I’ve got them on full whack ( you can increase the brightness by pressing the button more times ) I’ll recharge them after each ride ( they’ll last a good couple of hours on full power).

CXRAndy

Guru
A front light of around 500 lumens has enough to provide a good amount of light to show potholes and debris. I have Niterider 750 front light.

The road CC website has a visual comparison page, so you can see directly how well they illuminate. They also do rear lights as well. I advocate brighter the better for both front and rear. some of the cheap lights you cant see or be seen from more than 50 yards. My lights has been mentioned to me are piercing to the eye at half a mile :biggrin:

Here- https://road.cc/content/buyers-guid...hts-cycling-40-light-beam-comparison-plus-how

Last edited:

nickAKA

Ãœber Member
😄

Merlin's daily offer email has just plopped into my inbox - my mate swears by the moon meteor but there's plenty of choice here for all budgets:
Moon meteor

CXRAndy

Guru
I have Niterider 750 front light.
Merlin's daily offer email has just plopped into my inbox - my mate swears by the moon meteor but there's plenty of choice here for all budgets:
Moon meteor

Here is the comparison

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guid...hts-cycling-40-light-beam-comparison-plus-how

Just move the centre line left or right to get a direct comparison.

Change the light selection to compare something else

Then go online to pick the ones you like, because prices listed on Road cc are RRP

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

Here is the comparison

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guid...hts-cycling-40-light-beam-comparison-plus-how

Just move the centre line left or right to get a direct comparison.

Change the light selection to compare something else

Then go online to pick the ones you like, because prices listed on Road cc are RRP
This is great! I’ll have a look through them all
Thanks!

Alberto Balsam

I got one of these off ebay; They're incredibly bright, fantastic on the unlit country lanes round here. Make sure it points down and kerbside though. As others have said, have more than 1 front and rear. I also have a front and rear light on my helmet. Like this one

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

Velo route is up! 😫
B637CDC2-9493-41EB-92E6-579463D23473.png

The only chance you will get to ride through Aston, Castle Vale AND Rubery without getting your bike nicked!
Judging by the riding standards I encountered a couple of years back, there wouldn’t be much of a bike left to nick, if you haven’t got your head on a swivel, and the reactions of a house fly:laugh:

Top Bottom