Really daft things you've done that have resulted in injury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a couple of hours ago, was having dinner at a local pub with the family. My son ordered a sizzling mixed grill (he's only 9 but has hollow legs and can eat for England...and most other nations!). As it was placed in front of him, on the burning hot cast iron sizzle plate, he went to touch the plate! Rather than bat his hand away, I grabbed the plate and shoved it out of the way....then spent 15 mins the toilet with my hand under the cold tap and now have some lovely blistered fingers that are screaming! My son enjoyed his meal though and had eaten most of mine by the time I came back BTW!

Ever done something without thought that really caused you pain???

Similar(ish) injury when I was at school and in cooking class, when I thought that oven proof meant it would still be cool after half an hour in the oven.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Was waiting to pull out of a petrol station onto and across a busy road, the steering wheel well turned, whilst waiting I put my hand through the wheel to reset the trip meter. A gap appeared at the same time, I set off.........................broke my wrist.
I never broke my wrist, but I've been there and done that. More than once :blush:

Firestorm

Veteran
In mid marital “discussion” I dig a little jig as I “scored a point”
Immediate Karma was not the word as my Achilles’ tendon then separated from my calf leaving me in plaster for 12 weeks and a permanent limp

midlife

Guru
Was waiting to pull out of a petrol station onto and across a busy road, the steering wheel well turned, whilst waiting I put my hand through the wheel to reset the trip meter. A gap appeared at the same time, I set off.........................broke my wrist.

Ha! I did that , didn't quite break my wrist but as the wheel wouldn't turn 400 horse power accelerated towards the people at the shop door!

Drago

Legendary Member
Age 5 or so, was heavily into the Romans. My warmongering young mind was fascinated by the catapult, trebuchet and ballista.

Determined to walk in the footsteps of Maximus Decimus Meridius I started work on a Roman inspired war machine of my own. I got half a brick, and laid a 6' long plank of wood across it to make a see-saw. The other half of the brick went on one end. I then got a huge run up, jumped in the air for all I was worth and stamped down hard on the other end of the see-saw. However, instead of launching into the forest and slaughtering the marauding hordes of the Franks and the Hun, it leaped up and smashed me square in the face, cutting my left eyebrow down to the bone.

The amount of claret on my Dad's driveway was proof that the 5 year old male body holds about 80 pints of blood.

Top Bottom