Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The orange colour is named after the fruit. Before oranges were brought to England it was known as yellow-red.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When insects are electrocuted by bug zappers, it can spread a mist containing insect parts up to about 2 metres from the device. The air around the bug zapper can become contaminated by bacteria and viruses that can be inhaled by people or settle on food.

Dave7

Legendary Member
When insects are electrocuted by bug zappers, it can spread a mist containing insect parts up to about 2 metres from the device. The air around the bug zapper can become contaminated by bacteria and viruses that can be inhaled by people or settle on food.
Does Boris know this :wacko:

colly

Re member eR
Speaking of threads.

Most thread you buy has a left hand twist, known as a 'Z' twist. A right hand twist , known as a 'S' twist, thread can be found but it's not commonly used, and it's no good for using in machine sewing.

Good quality 'Z' twist threads will have a core of 'S' twist thread.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Russia is bigger than Pluto

classic33

Leg End Member
On January 25 1979 Robert Williams died when he was hit in the head by a mechanical arm at a Ford casting plant.

Becoming the first human to be killed by a robot in the process.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
What's the point of having a separate thread for true odd factoids if people are going to put things like this in it?
Agree. Pleased to see the thread is still running - it had dropped off my reminders.will try to post some, keep coming across stuff in my reading.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Apologies if posted before.
Sophia Loren is related to chest baring dictator mussolini.
her sister married one of his sons, romano.
By the by one of the results of romano's union was nutjob politico alessandra who has been known to storm off italian tv progs at what she perceives to be disparaging comments about dear gramps.

classic33

Leg End Member
People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.

classic33

Leg End Member
In 1969, a musician named Jim Sullivan recorded an album called “U.F.O.“, which featured strange lyrics about leaving his family and being abducted by aliens.

Six years later Sullivan disappeared without a trace, the only piece of evidence being his abandoned car found on a desert road.

Top Bottom