Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
They, Pizza Hut, once delivered a pizza to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro

In an incredible PR stunt, Pizza Hut delivery men hiked six hours to bring a pie to the highest point in Africa — the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, reported CNN.

They set a record for the highest-altitude pizza delivery on earth.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They, Pizza Hut, once delivered a pizza to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro

In an incredible PR stunt, Pizza Hut delivery men hiked six hours to bring a pie to the highest point in Africa — the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, reported CNN.

They set a record for the highest-altitude pizza delivery on earth.
I bet it was cold by the time they got it up there! :whistle:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Nearly every person on the planet who has some degree of colour blindness is male. If you are male and a female declares something as being of a colour you don't agree with, it is pretty certain she is right.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Kray twins were the last people to be imprisoned in the Tower of London (not sure if it was before or after conviction).
Weird. That seemed so improbable I googled it. Apologies for doubting. Why in the world did they do that? It's not like London's short of prisons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nearly every person on the planet who has some degree of colour blindness is male. If you are male and a female declares something as being of a colour you don't agree with, it is pretty certain she is right.
I was aware of that. I am developing puzzle game apps in which good colour vision would have been needed. I have added extra detail to make it possible for people with poor colour vision to play.

There is a useful colour blindness simulator HERE.

Another interesting factoid is that accessibility software can make it possible for blind people to work with GUIs like Windows.

Many years ago a blind person came to our company to explain what changes we needed to make to our software in order for operators like her to be able to use it. She used a screen reader program to read text off the screen to her. We added a status bar into which we fed important information - 'Warning - reactor #2 cooling system failure', 'Reactor #2 core temperature exceeding safe limits', 'Leave Ukraine NOW!!!' - that kind of thing... :okay:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Until 1994 there were no "Road"s in the City of London, and now there's only one, Goswell Road, which became part of the Square Mile in 1994 after boundary changes. There are plenty of Lanes, Streets, and Ways, but public paths weren't generally referred to as roads until the 16th century.

Top Bottom