Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
For a given atom, the probability distribution of any of its electrons is such that there is a small but non-zero chance of finding / interacting with it at any point (with the exception of r=0, the atomic nucleus). Thus every point in the universe is occupied by every electron in the universe.
So space isn't actually empty. It's full. A bit like gravy...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Despite the long running and occasionally acrimonious debate about which one to put on your bacon sandwich, the main ingredient in both red and brown sauce is the same: tomatoes

Dave7

Legendary Member
Relying on GPS to navigate destroys your innate sense of direction, a skill that took our ancestors thousands of years to develop and hone.

When areas of the brain involved in navigation are no longer used, those neural connections fade away via a process known as synaptic pruning.
Can't agree with that. Our ancestors didn't have motor cars

Dave7

Legendary Member
The brain in your head isn’t your only brain.

There’s a “second brain” in your intestines that contains 100 million neurons.

Gut bacteria are responsible for making over 30 neurotransmitters including the “happy molecule” serotonin.
According to MrsD I have my brains in my underpants:wacko:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
The song 'A Flame of Wrath for Patrick MacCrimmon' is a common set choice for pipers. The song tells of the story of a piper from Glenelg, near the Isle of Skye. To avenge the murder of his brother, the musician in the story set a whole village alight. It is said that he overlooked the blaze from a hill, playing his bagpipes relentlessly.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The song 'A Flame of Wrath for Patrick MacCrimmon' is a common set choice for pipers. The song tells of the story of a piper from Glenelg, near the Isle of Skye. To avenge the murder of his brother, the musician in the story set a whole village alight. It is said that he overlooked the blaze from a hill, playing his bagpipes relentlessly.
Talk about adding insult to injury.

Top Bottom