Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In 1867 Fanny Adams from Alton was cruelly murdered and partly dismembered. At that time the process of tinning meat for the Navy was still in its infancy and the rumour spread that parts of young Fanny were tinned for consumption by the navy in the Victualling factory at Gosport. Tins of meat quickly became known as tins of Sweet Fanny Adams.

Chris S

Legendary Member
You can now buy sweaty kebab flavour Pringles

104110921_3412020408848005_7651973362334728796_o.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Charging Thunder* was a member of the Blackfoot tribe. He came to Salford aged 26 during the show’s 1903 tour, and stayed on. He was believed to have been the only native American living in the Northwest until his death aged 52 in 1929. With him were Josephine, a sharp-shooting cowgirl with the circus, and their daughter Bessie. The family stayed in the area after Bessie caught diphtheria.

He changed his name to George Edward Williams and moved to Thomas Street in Gorton, Manchester.

*One of the first Pony Express riders in America
Charging Thunder had a daughter called massive thunder. She married a Comanche called Big Chief Fartalot. One of their ancestors was called @Drago
This may not actually be genuine.

Dave7

Legendary Member
In 1867 Fanny Adams from Alton was cruelly murdered and partly dismembered. At that time the process of tinning meat for the Navy was still in its infancy and the rumour spread that parts of young Fanny were tinned for consumption by the navy in the Victualling factory at Gosport. Tins of meat quickly became known as tins of Sweet Fanny Adams.
The man found guilty of murdering her was Frederck Baker and he was hanged Christmas eve 1867

Chris S

Legendary Member
Kellogg sounds like 'ceiliog', the Welsh word for cockerel. There is a cockerel on Kellogg's cornflakes packets in the colours of the Welsh flag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
This is as I understand it, so posted in good faith.
Myself and accy were almost born in the same house.
Only a last minute planetary swerve/twist of fate prevented this.

Dave7

Legendary Member
This is as I understand it, so posted in good faith.
Myself and accy were almost born in the same house.
Only a last minute planetary swerve/twist of fate prevented this.
When you say "almost born in the same house" do you mean accy wasn't actually born ie he was hatched??

Top Bottom